Design Technology HL--Papers 1 & 2

McCaffeine

Well, I'm not sure how many people on here are actually in DT anyway, but I thought I'd at least make the topic. x)

How did everyone feel about it? There were a lot of things on Paper 1 which I was split on- I would eliminate two answers and decide between the last two- and talking to friends after the exam, it seems that I answered a lot of those wrong. >_< I also felt like there were a lot more materials questions than I would have expected. A friend who reviewed past papers said that there was a huge decrease in the number of materials questions after the curriculum change, but I still felt like there were too many materials questions. That may have been because I haven't reviewed materials in a few months, though, ha.

Paper 2 I felt much more confident about, though a lot of the kettle questions made me nervous.

I know we can't talk about paper 3 yet, but just out of curiosity- what option(s) does everyone study? My school does food.

Yeah im not in this course but i have a question anyway =P b/c there is like no threads for this course in the first place

I was looking through EE guidlines and I wanted to do something tech related (Probally Not Comptuer Science). I was looking at ITGS or Design Technology or History. How hard is it to write a Design Technology EE without having the course?

Yeah im not in this course but i have a question anyway =P b/c there is like no threads for this course in the first place

I was looking through EE guidlines and I wanted to do something tech related (Probally Not Comptuer Science). I was looking at ITGS or Design Technology or History. How hard is it to write a Design Technology EE without having the course?

I'm not sure how well I can answer this, but I know a friend of mine did his EE in Des Tech without really having an actual DT course (our first year really didn't count, honestly, we had to basically relearn everything this year) and did a very good job, and another friend of mine who wants to talk about ergonomics in electronics design is considering doing a DT EE, and his group 4s are physics and bio. I'm guessing if you have a real interest in the topic, read through the criteria a few thousand times, and get an advisor who can help you understand not necessarily the EE criteria, but whatever your topic is, you'll be fine. I think that's the basis of a good EE in any subject, whether or not the person has taken the course, really.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...