Development economics - necessary?

Next week we have our economics (SL) official exams. For the ones taking economics, I wonder if it is necessary to study the development economics section? In paper 1 you get to choose among 4 or 5 questions and in paper 2 you also have the choice.

What do you think? Is it okay not to study development economics, or is it better to stay on the safe side and study it?

well, in my opinion it is the best to review anything.. you may get really easy paper 3 questions from development economics, and really hard ones from other ones.. than you would be better off with short revision :)even if you feel pro in all other sections, i would still consider revision of development section..

well, in my opinion it is the best to review anything.. you may get really easy paper 3 questions from development economics, and really hard ones from other ones.. than you would be better off with short revision :)even if you feel pro in all other sections, i would still consider revision of development section..

I'm SL so I don't write a paper 3! But you're right I might skim through it.