IB English Oral Presentation

Tomorrow or the next day I have my IOP. I have only had the past two days to prepare for it. I plan on analyzing revenge as a motive/driving force in Beowulf. I am part of my schools very first class and my English teacher really has no idea what she is doing. I could really use some pointers on how to make my presentation better.

Edited by Tman1027

Tomorrow or the next day I have my IOP. I have only had the past two days to prepare for it. I plan on analyzing revenge as a motive/driving force in Beowulf. I am part of my schools very first class and my English teacher really has no idea what she is doing. I could really use some pointers on how to make my presentation better.

I had an English teacher that had no idea what she was doing either. Use it to your advantage. I'm sure that all your analysis is good, but to get a good grade you need to make sure to speak clearly and with a confident tone and volume. If you start to sound like you're doubting yourself, your teacher (even if she is inexperienced) will mark you down. I just gave my IOP last week (analysis of revenge and jealousy in othello), and I got a 29/30, and although I don't think my analysis was that great, my presentation was good.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have my IOP tomorrow

this is my english teacher's first year of teaching IB english

just wondering if they are allowed to look at our written presentations before hand?

and to what extent can they edit it...

because my teacher seems uncertain and always goes to ask the

other IB english teacher if she can and the answer gets lost in translation...

i guess it's a bit late now but for future reference...

She can look at an outline and make comments. She can tell you if you need to make more textual references and things like that, but it shouldn't be her redoing your IOP or something. I don't really know where the line is for the IOP. It's clearer for the World Lit papers, I think.

My teacher looked at my primary outline and I went up and asked him about the direction of my content and if he thought it was fine and if he had any comments.