English EE on 1984

Guest monkeenoodles

Guest monkeenoodles

Hello! Newbie here!

Anyways, I'm planning on doing my EE in English A1 on the novel "1984" by George Orwell and I haven't got a research question yet!

*panics*

I mean I know I want to focus on the theme and/or the characterisation in the book but I don't know specifically what my research question/topic should be...so anyone...help?

I mean "1984" is kind of hard because it's so philosphical and political and so and so and since it's supposed to be about literary appreciation I don't really know how to do it without being too philosophical/political and I'm scared I wont do the whole appreciation thing because I'd be too distracted.

So...help?

If you do I will actually love you forever...SERIOUSNESS!

Guest Impashence
I mean I know I want to focus on the theme and/or the characterisation in the book but I don't know specifically what my research question/topic should be...so anyone...help?

I mean "1984" is kind of hard because it's so philosphical and political and so and so and since it's supposed to be about literary appreciation I don't really know how to do it without being too philosophical/political and I'm scared I wont do the whole appreciation thing because I'd be too distracted.

If you dont like "1984", then dont do it for your EE. You dont want anything too broad, and you dont want all opinion, etc, but you do want something you are passionate about. If you like 1984, then go for it! Choose an aspect of the book that you like and narrow down what YOU would like to talk about. At the same time, keep in mind all the requirements. IS there something that you want to talk about in 1984 that fits all the guidlines? If not, choose a different book. :lol: Its really a tough decision, but think about it like this: Its just one paper. You will have many other chances to write about difficult topics, etc. So choose something fun. Dont stress or panic about this.

:blush: Impashence

Guest monkeenoodles
If you dont like "1984", then dont do it for your EE. You dont want anything too broad, and you dont want all opinion, etc, but you do want something you are passionate about. If you like 1984, then go for it! Choose an aspect of the book that you like and narrow down what YOU would like to talk about. At the same time, keep in mind all the requirements. IS there something that you want to talk about in 1984 that fits all the guidlines? If not, choose a different book. XD Its really a tough decision, but think about it like this: Its just one paper. You will have many other chances to write about difficult topics, etc. So choose something fun. Dont stress or panic about this.

:P Impashence

I love 1984 and everything it represents but...(as my teacher pointed out to me) I have a little trouble articulating and pointing out things. I mean I have a lot of critical thinking and such (or so my teacher tells me) but I'm not really good at identifying things.

I do like the whole language issue of Newspeak and how one can dehumanise (is that even a word??) a society just by destroying a few words and that you can completely brainwash them and so and so...but yea...I don't know if that's more to the philosophical side...

ah wells...back to the thinking chair! :P