What if

Hello,

I am running into a problem.. My CAS coordinator said she will give me an L for CAS... For first year... Does this really mean i wont get the diploma... or is there any chance of me getting some sort of time to fix it due to the fact that i am not as advanced and need more time studying so i dont have time to get around CAS

It doesn't matter when you finish your CAS hours, some people could complete the 150 hours in IB1, whereas other don't. Me for example, I only did like 10 hours of CAS in IB1, and the 140 hours in IB2 and I still got rewarded the full IB DIPLOMA (which I just recieved today :) )

CAS coordinators try their best to push you to complete them ASAP, but don't worry about the diploma as long as you complete the hours by the official IB deadline. :)

Yeah, no worries dude. Just make sure you have sufficient hours by the deadline. Maybe CAS coordinator's comment won't be very bright in that case, but it will still be a diploma.

BTW, IB wouldn't give you more time to complete CAS. You get rewarded for what you do - if you don't manage to meet the requirements, you don't get rewarded =] pretty simple