Harry Potter EE-Books for comparison

KyleAdams

I am planning on writing my EE in English and doing it over Harry Potter. I just finished reading the series and my best choices for topics are the following:

1)Influence of Mythology

2)Symbolism

3)Name Origins

4)Role Reversals

5)Foreshadowing

I think I could write an excellent essay with each of those topics, but I am looking for suggestion on a novel to compare it to in each of those topics. I want one that is more considered Classic Literature and more "IB Worthy." My advisor said that the essays that are comparison essays seem to do better than the essays regarding just one novel.

On a side note, I am entering the Young Epidemiology Scholars(YES) Competition and my advisor for that suggested doing my extended essay in Biology and using my YES essay as my EE. If you are familiar with the YES guidelines, do the guidelines for YES follow the EE guidelines in group 4? I am not sure if an experiment is required in Group 4 EE's, and I know you don't have to do your own experiment for the YES competition.

Thanks

Just from my experience at my IB school that is in it's 2nd year of EE.

One student wanted to do Harry Potter books, but our supervisor wouldn't let her, so make sure you have full clearance from everyone you're supossed to before pursuing that too far.

Ok, so you want to write the YES essay and submit it as an EE or do you want to write the EE and send it to YES?

Either way I think you need to check with both your EE and YES supervisors and make sure that's in compliance with all the rules.

I did an EE on Harry Potter. Granted, I got a C, but it was because I had very bad guidance. I talked about the female's role in characterizing Harry and their overall impact on his transformation from his first year to his seventh year.

There's one topic I love that I would like to share with you, but I don't want to put it on a public website.

Name origin would be cool because I've noticed every name in the novels has some sort of connection to mythology or history.