ManageBac

kingdomx

We got it last year, and some IB2s used it, but mostly the IB1s took advantage of it. We used it to manage CAS, although if I recall correctly, it has a great organizational capacity and can track your progress for IAs and other things.

It's so much easier than writing out journals because on the site, you can write a little blurb and get your activity supervisor to drop a line and sign off on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My school uses managebac, and everybody just does their journals and evidence on there.

I was just wondering, does any other school use this website?

Yep yep! Our school uses it. I'm still getting the hang of using it. I'm still a little confused on when I should add all my hours: as I go along or all at once when I've finished a project. I've been in IB for 2 months now and haven't clocked any hours. Is this a problem?

Thanks!

Its not usually a problem, it really depends on how your IB/CAS coordinator sets things up. The great thing about managebac is you can submit it any time, even during the summer, so you don't have to have it wait in the corrdinator's mailbox. So if you think you might not be able to get a lot of CAS hours in it would be good to start up quick, but not doing anything in the first 2 months (especially of IB1) isn't really a problem.

So it would usually be best if you add them as you go along, especially if you are using mangebac :blink:

We just started using managebac; i think we used to use caslog or something?

but the integration is working so well as we have an emailing system as well so there are two sets of CAS club information being sent out. :/

Also our school hasn't activated any of the IA sections only the.. CAS part.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Are any of your schools using ManageBac to keep track of your CAS activities? If so, how is it?

(Personally, I find it a pain in the butt and most of us, students and teachers alike, have forgotten about it/stopped caring completely. But to be fair, it is our first year using managebac.)

We do not use it. Actually, I have never heard of it.

Our CAS coordinator made a couple of word documents she sent to us all in order to keep track of the activities, hours, supervisors, etc. It's simple and it works like a charm.

What exactly can you do with ManageBac? what does it offer?

My school just started using managebac this year and I find it fine. Generally I just type up some reflections on word like I usually did then copied and pasted them onto managebac and just uploaded some photos. I honestly find it a lot easier to use since there is not as much paper work for activities and its less fuss to get activities confirmed since you don't have to chase after signatures.

• 3 months later...

My school uses it pretty intensly :) We even have a "CAS class" :) So during that class, we work on our reflections, getting our proofs together, writing up new activities, searching for new activities, work on new activities... I've found it very useful and it has helped me stay organized. And yes, it is very much like a planner. Your TOK, EE, and other good stuff can all be managed through, well, ManageBac :D

• 3 months later...

We do not use it. Actually, I have never heard of it.

Our CAS coordinator made a couple of word documents she sent to us all in order to keep track of the activities, hours, supervisors, etc. It's simple and it works like a charm.

What exactly can you do with ManageBac? what does it offer?

Probably because wikipedia says 2/5 IB kids use it.

ManageBac keeps track of all your CAS activities, reflections, and if they are supervisor approved. There is a calendar to keep you informed of all the uploaded activities. Files can be downloaded there directly that the teachers upload. Classes and groups can be made and joined, so teachers and students are able to interact with each other, not to mention a general message forum. Questions can be posted. You're TOK and EE titles are eventually put up there, given you have it. It has also been the destination of homework files. Some of your personal IB information is there too.

That being said, I don't find it very helpful so far :P

Our school uses it. It's pretty useful, because before without it, CAS was pretty difficult to keep track of and log accordingly. We used it for out EE's as well, just to log meetings with our supervisors and emails and the like. Very good asset once you get the hang of it, because before, during the transition from paper to Managebac, everybody forgot about it and didn't use it much. Now though, it's great :)

Managebac is something that COULD be really useful, but isnt right now because we just transitioned into it

I'm sure that the year below us is probably getting used to it, but for my year it just seems to complicate things...and makes it more work for us IB students to document our activities.

Managebac is something that COULD be really useful, but isnt right now because we just transitioned into it

I'm sure that the year below us is probably getting used to it, but for my year it just seems to complicate things...and makes it more work for us IB students to document our activities.

I actually find it the opposite. It's a lot easier to just submit files and journals online than to have to hand them in or meet the coordinator in person, which we would have to submit regardless of ManageBac being used. Plus it has the dates and information for most of the important dates, like exams and trips.

But then again, I'm like the walking ManageBac for that stuff in our cohort :rolleyes: .