PREDICTED GRADES AND MOCK EXAMS

Naiya

HIE ALL, :)

I was just wondering how are the mock exams taken??

do the school prepare the question paper or they come from IBO??

do the school check the papers or they are sent out??

do the grades we get in our mocks considered as our predicted grades or do teachers give the grades on their own after analyzing the student from the begenning??

and do we really get the grades according to the predicted ones?? or they vary dramatically??

by the way what is the use of predicted grades expect getting the admissions in universities??

I know the list of questions is a bit big but i am really really :o REALLY curious towards these questions and i m desperately waiting :P for your reply....

THANKS IN ADVANCE :hug:

It's taken like the regular IB exams especially later on (for us I think in Spring IB1 mocks) - you will have as much time and as many papers as you would in IB exams. Teachers prepare the question papers themselves although many use question banks/old exam questions that are providded by the IBO and teachers also mark the papers.

Some teachers probably give mock grades as predicted grades but may take into account performance both in class and in IAs. They may vary or they may not - it depends on how well your teachers can predict your grades and also of course on you - if you start slacking off or working much harder right before your exams they are less accurate. There are no uses other than uni admissions - I am not entirely sure but there may be some policy of candidates getting an automatic remark if their grades differ drastically from the predicted (eg predicted 7 but get 4).

Edited by Cynthia

Our mock exams are just over a week away! (pretty much 2 months until the final exams)

We have them spread out over 8 days (which is much less than the finals) and we only have to come to school when we have an exam.

The exams are past papers and are marked by our teachers.

Some teachers will use ONLY the results from this test for our predicted grades, others will use a more holistic approach and combine past efforts and our IA marks

These scores get sent to the unis (I don't think they have to be sent, but I will) and then I will send my official scores when the come out.

But, all in all, it differs at each school and you should speak to your teachers/IB coordinator and see what the go is at your school

:P

Obviously the best approach for the highest predicted mark is that your teacher should take the highest mark out of your mock or from mock + term work (i.e. class performance, IA). Teachers should be on your side (as long as you are a good student) for getting admission into university.

• 5 months later...