Type II -- G-Force Tolerance

basak

How did you guys get to the equation...?

I just plotted it into Excel and grabbed the exponential function.

Can someone explain to me why it isn't Power but it is Exponential?

Power seems to fit even better too.

And how would you derive that equation by hand...

I also noticed someone talking about R-squared value... what is that?

That is something that I am very confused with as well.

What is the difference between a Power function and an Exponential function?

So I just got my portfolio type II in math SL and it's the G-Forces.

So I've complete the portfolio up the part where I need to describe the apparent trends.

I've also figured out that the function can be a power function.

But now i'm at the part where it asks to explain why i chose to use power functions and to create an equation that fits the graph.

Plz help. i honestly suck at math, and i don't even noe wats going on

hey sorry, is g-force the independent variable or would it be time?

because the way i see it, both statements:

amount of g-force tolerated is dependent on time

amount of time conscious is dependant on amount of gforce

would work.

For me I've put g-force as y.

But mainly because it felt natural having time on the x-axis.

i think its arguable that the independent and dependent variables can be interchanged (they both seem to work when graphed) at first i thought it was an exponential function, and i think it still works, but a power graph fits a lot better, although i havent learned what a power graph is...i think theres a variety of answers (like it can be half a parabola, a ln graph, etc.)

i honestly do not know where to start...

I used a power function to fit the data because the relationship is stronger and is a better representation of the data. (r-value closest to -1)

Does anyone know how to do a good analysis of a graph? we do it in class sometimes and my teacher always marks mine as "Weak" :)

Does anyone know how to derive the equation for the horizontal G-force? I was absent while learning this last year, and i have no idea how to play around with base functions and change them to fit the graph :|

can't you just take a few random points from the data and plug them into the equation?

I used a power function to fit the data because the relationship is stronger and is a better representation of the data. (r-value closest to -1)

Does anyone know how to do a good analysis of a graph? we do it in class sometimes and my teacher always marks mine as "Weak" :P

Does anyone know how to derive the equation for the horizontal G-force? I was absent while learning this last year, and i have no idea how to play around with base functions and change them to fit the graph :|

can't you just take a few random points from the data and plug them into the equation?

I heard that there are two points where it's easier to do so. Anyone figure out what those points are?

Edit: Found it. It helps if you keep Time as x and +Gx as y. Then use the point 1,11 for simultaneous equations. :yahoo:

Edited by hexashadow13
  • Like 1