Search the Community: Showing results for tags 'out'.
Found 3 results
I need your advice on this one guys, here's the somewhat summarized story: So I went to this IB school abroad for a year and came back home for the summer, turns out my parents ran out of money and now I've been out of school for 3 months and I'm still back home. IA's started about a month and a half ago and I was working on my history IA from home, Biology IA started and after talking to the teacher he told me the coordinator told him that I'm not allowed to work on them from home because of the "academic honesty" policy, they then asked my parents to give them another date; they did, and it's in 20 days, the school said that's the final delay date I can have and that if I don't get there by then I'm out and have to take 2nd year next year. I highly doubt my parents can can renew my visa, do what I need to do and get on a plane within that period of time, so I feel like the end is just inevitable. The thing is, now I feel like I've completely lost a chance at anything. I'm done, it's over...what's the point now? I recently got a message saying that even if I go over there on the final date I'm still not allowed to take the exams and I'll just be a "normal" student and will have to start my 2nd year next year anyways...what do I do? Go there anyway and waste my time? The teachers don't teach anything useful for the exams except for maybe 2-3, and even then they can't cover as much as independent studying could because of how big the class is. Aren't I better off spending hundreds of dollars and ordering the books myself and paying for the ridiculous shipping fee's and paying someone to let me print out all the past papers and just studying by myself at home? Then comes the issue of how stressful life is back home, it's nearly impossible to keep focus without something happening, or get distracted by all the different things to do, or procrastinate and cry myself to sleep because of how messed up everything is.
Hello I am currently Grade 11 I am taking HL art, HL bio, HL Eng B for my higher level subjects. When I first selected these subjects, I was planning to apply to art school. Now I decided to change my career path to medicine (because I was always interested in science). Therefore, I tried to change my subject Chemistry HL, since changing subjects were possible. However, all the chemistry classes in my school are full so there is no way for me to join. An option that I am considering right now is to redo the grade 11. Since I already made the decision early and my parents and I think that it is unnecessary to complete the second semester, I was wondering will it be possible for me to not complete the next semester, and restart the grade 11 with the right subject choices at the same school? Thank you