How many artworks should I submit for Art?

lynyrd

Hey! I'm doing HL Option A, and I currently have 14 artworks and I'm in my way through 15. My exam is the incoming November. I know the IB requires between 12 - 18 artworks, but what happens if I just submit 16 or 17? Is my grade in disadvantage with somebody that submits 18? TIPS ARE WELCOMED!

Trust me, you are at no disadvantage as long as your works are of excellent quality and you can explain your exhibit well. :) I have known a few people to have gotten 7s and they didn't all have 18 pieces because the ones they had were very well thought through and they could talk about them, which is what matters most. Also, with IB Art, there is little comparison. Each exhibit is viewed as it's own and even if the exhibit next to you had 18 pieces and yours had just 12, they aren't going to lower your score because you had less pieces than your peer. It's all about your journey and your experience through your art. :)

it actually doesn't affect at all... i'm doing arte HL option A too and i'm just submitin 13 pieces. it is more about how well represented and connected is your theme with the idk the techniques you use or how well you express yourself in the exam. last year in my school there was this girl who was crearly talented and presented 17 pieces but she did awfull in the exams (got 5) and on the other hand there was a girl who submitted 18 pieces that were not bad but got 4 because her theme and her pieces didn't connnect... it's basically about how well you express yourself and how well you choose your main theme (:

in the exam try to talk more about your theme and your research, why ou choose that theme, etc. and not explaining your pieces one by one, just those you actually have to. every single work of art should be able to communicate the viewer what you want by itself