What do you do to get motivated?

Harmonicgirl

I have my books in front of me, all needed materials and cup of coffee. I switch on pc, get online, posting, open the excel and.... I can't start! And I start a battle with the unbroken wall of my "after-Christmas" resistance, a tough struggle with myself :P To make it easier I do all those unnecessary things like: checking my pen - if it works (but I'm working on the pc), tiding up the table - even tough I'm sitting on the sofa, looking for a bottle of water - in a case if I suddenly get thirsty, check my phon - maybe I have some messages...and so on....then it's an hour later, in theory "I'm ready" ^^ for the hard work...but in fact I'm far from writing lab, reading my school books and doing old papers are the last things I'm thinking of. Time is still passing, so I postpone it and try to do something more profitable, I go gym, I read a book or go walk with dog. However, my work is still undone and impatiently waiting for me. And it's all because of Christmas :diablo:

usually I don't have such problems like I have it today...

How do you feel after Christmas? Is it any difference for you? And how do you get to work?

Guest iber2468

Why do you think I'm on here? Lol... yea I really really don't want to work, but the univ deadline is Jan 1... and AHHH my future depends on how must stop procrastinating NOW.

Yeah, i've spent about the last...10 hours screwing around... I'm supposed to be working on my EE, or applying to the Honors College at ASU, but i haven't "gotten to it" yet

I need a slap in my face or something...maybe pop one of my old pills for focusing

It's always nice to be sure that I'm not alone :crying:

I was away for a day with friends and now I'm back with a new energy, ready for writing all portfolios and the rest stuff.

Heheh, Lc that site is for me just one, big "attention taker" :( However, I still love it :(

oh no! linked to the wrong place :( meant this

and that's exactly what not to do :P

• 2 weeks later...
oh no! linked to the wrong place :lol: meant this

and that's exactly what not to do :P

I don't get motivated I just suffer silently. Silently then my parents talk to me and I'm motivated for a bit and then go on complaining about just how difficult this course is. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

i love that video :D

usually when i need to start working i simply have to talk with someone smart in IB. Then i feel dumb and start working...

another thing that i noticed is that once you get started it is quite easy to keep going. so i simply have to write one paragraph of my essay or solve one problem in maths, etc.

this helps me to get my stuff done :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ask old friends from highschool how well they're doing, and notice how much better they're all doing! and that's enough of a drive :hug:

that and actually piling up the work in front of me is helping as well :D stress is my best friend :)