Easiest options for Chemistry HL paper 3?

lynyrd

Further Organic chem was such an interesting option. XD But I wouldn't recommend it if the core organic chem isn't really your thing. :P

Medicines/Drugs is probably the easiest option out there - lots of memorising though. The questions they ask are pretty predictable. I swear the "what is a weak analgesic?" has came up SOOO many times in the past (and probably will come up again in the future).

I agree with the posters above - if you take biology, the human biochemisry option is probably the most suitable one. Similarly - if you take physics then option C will be a lot easier.

• 3 months later...

My school was doing Environmental and med&drugs. But I hated environmental so I stayed with med&drug and also slef taught myself biochem and further organic. :angel: Dont know why I wanted to so so many options...... I started 2 weeks before my exam. (Today) :P

there is never really an easy topic for chem paper 3..

if you do biology, then biochemistry is nice, since it's mainly overlap from the biology course. (esp. the higher stuff)

if you do physics, then people prefer the analytical chemistry unit, or the industrial one.

if you're good at organic chemistry, then further organic is a nice one to study because it's a continuation.

so yeah, it's really dependent on what you like to study/what you have studied.

i personally do biochemistry and medicine and drugs.

• 2 years later...

After reading this, I'm worried. I've never been good at memorization, and our teacher decided that we would do both further organic and human biochem. I've already failed my further organic test (I've never failed a test/quiz ever and this was so difficult!) and honestly i wish that our class would have had more input on the teacher's decision.