Self Taught Indonesian

Okay so I am currently a student in China but I want to earn the Bilingual IBDP so I'm taking English A1 HL for group 1 and for my group 2 I'm taking Self Taught Bahasa Indonesia SL. . . I want to know whether the exams are hard? and how they are graded? is taking self taught Indonesian the same as taking Indonesian B? is the exam the same as taking Indonesia A1 Sl? does anyone know the pass rate?

and if anyone has taken or is taking IB Indonesian do you know if the exam is hard? I am extremely lost as towards how I will be tested upon?

Much appreciated

Thanks

I'm taking Self Taught Bahasa Indonesia SL. . .

"Self-taught" doesn't necessarily mean either language A or B. Is there a World Lit course in the subject? If there is, then you're most likely taking A. If you're taking B, then it should mostly be learning how to write formal letters, journal entries, reading comprehension, etc. (as far as I know, because I'm taking Indonesian B.)

If you have a decent vocabulary and a good understanding of the language then the Indonesian B exam should be a breeze. :)

Edited by waterwhistle

Self-taught can be anything but primarily it is A1 as there is a specific part of the A1 syllabus dedicated to the self-taught program explaining a few of the undertakings. Now if you want to get the bilingual diploma : simply do Bahasa A1 and English A2 or even B. I strongly advise against doing 2 A1 subjects unless you're up for it.

I'm taking Self Taught Bahasa Indonesia SL. . .

"Self-taught" doesn't necessarily mean either language A or B. Is there a World Lit course in the subject? If there is, then you're most likely taking A. If you're taking B, then it should mostly be learning how to write formal letters, journal entries, reading comprehension, etc. (as far as I know, because I'm taking Indonesian B.)

If you have a decent vocabulary and a good understanding of the language then the Indonesian B exam should be a breeze. :)

Well yes the self taught program that im taking does have a world literature section and im pretty sure its IB Self taught indonesian A1 SL do u know how this is tested or any advice as to what i should be studying mainly?

you are tested on your IA World lit, your 2 orals and your 2 exams papers. One is an unseen commentary and the other is a comparative commentary.

At this point you should be choosing all your books for your study. That's what you spend doing the first month of your a1 self taught course.

you are tested on your IA World lit, your 2 orals and your 2 exams papers. One is an unseen commentary and the other is a comparative commentary.

Do u know what these things are about?. . . for example do u know what the 2 orals are about? are they about the books that i have bought and read? do u know what is on the exams? like for example is it vocab questions? Essays? Short response? is it about the books? and also the commentaries, what are they based on? is it just our overall speaking/writing abilities of the language? and the world lit paper i think I'm alright with as of right now.

Thank you so much

Much Appreciated

Hey in the very first post you said that you are doing Indo for group 2 subject?? I didn't know that you can take two A1s and the one falls under group 1 and the other one falls under group 2. I would say that taking A1 self study would be HARD. I am taking Indo A1 too and I will be reading more than 10 books (can't remember how many, haha, that paper about the books are in my locker at school) in 2 years (have read 2 of them) and find it quite challenging so far. I have been the third best Indo A1 student out of 9 students but still sometimes need to analyse in depth. I think that having a teacher helps a lot and you are doing a self study? I am not saying that you will not be able take it, but you need to study really hard and be very familiar with it. is Indo your first language? I am worried.

the information about the exams are in the IB syllabus or guide or whatever of A1 language. I think it is available in the IBO website or even in this forum in the files section. in those exams it is really demanding and not as easy as short responses&vocab (which are actually more of the language B paper). I would personally suggest that you do Indo B moreover if your first language is not indo. or you better do Chinese B.

~daripada kamu gila baca lebih dari 20 buku dalam 2 tahun terus kamu ngerjain 2 kali lipat ujian yang sama susahnya, terus kamu harus hafal semua cerita dari 4 buku (jadi 8 kalo sama English A1) yang kalo ga salah untuk commentary. kamu bakal menderita. aku bilang sih mending kamu indo nya B aja. atau kalo kamu mau bilingual award, mending indo A1 trus english B aja gimana? aku ngambil itu dan bakal dapet bilingual award karena A1 nya indo. atau ga kamu EE nya indo aja? bakal tetep dapet award itu kok

• 8 years later...

For Indonesians who are based overseas and considering to take self-taught language A Bahasa Indonesia.

I think IB does not only require you to take exams, but also do an IA which is supposed to be marked by a teacher, so technically you cannot be completely “self-taught” in taking this self-taught IB program. So I think you cannot really do self-taught program without a teacher or tutor to guide you. Can anyone weigh in on this? I'm currently considering taking a self taught Language A Bahasa Indonesia bc atm my school doesn't offer this class.

• 5 years later...

Hallo everyone,

I have read the conversation above, Indonesian ab Initio quite challenging and need to analyze and vocabularies needed. I have been teaching for 6 years in IB Indonesian ab initio, if you need to discuss further, you may contact me through my email: [email protected]  and i be honest i am looking for vacancy for IB Indonesian Ab Initio in China. if there is, could you contact me by email i have share in advance.  Thank you very much