Sign in to follow this  

How to do well in HL maths?

Hi guys, my exam is coming really soon, I only have 1 month left :sadnod:

For now, im not doing well for maths :( I ve failed many mock papers and im quite desperate now :sadnod::)

Is there anyway to improve in like a month :)

Can someone give me advice on how to prepare well for exam :coffee:

Hi guys, my exam is coming really soon, I only have 1 month left :sadnod:

For now, im not doing well for maths :( I ve failed many mock papers and im quite desperate now :sadnod::)

Is there anyway to improve in like a month :)

Can someone give me advice on how to prepare well for exam :coffee:

My teacher's desperate IB failure subject advice:

Go through the syllabus. Tick off anything you get completely and utterly. Then have out the remaining pieces and go through each relevant section of your book, meticulously, do the exercises, make sure you get it before moving on. Keep a folder of your most important notes with highlights, different colors (definitions, important things to remember, formulas, examples, etc) and order it well.

Other stuff:

Keep doing mocks. Every time you get a question wrong look it up and find out how to do it (this is your single best weapon for alleviating holes in your mathematical knowledge). Also ask your teacher for one-on-one tutoring if you can. Most important thing is to work work work on it, if you do, I guarantee you will do well, but if you don't, everything goes to pot.