Physics SL or Design Tech SL

kwnath

Physics or DT  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Physics or DT

• Physics SL
    • Design Technology SL

I am taking Physics HL and I actually find it a bit challenging. I have no friend taking Design Tech yet so I cannot comment much about it. What do you want to study in Uni? I would say that taking Physics might broaden your choices A LITTLE BIT (because it's only at SL) just in case you change your mind in the future. But if you really do not have any interest in that field, I would suggest you taking DT as Physics has mostly been considered as the hardest Science subject. Maybe the chance of getting a 7 in DT is bigger than in Phy. But in Phy you actually dont need to memorise a lot of things, you just need to understand the questions and use the right formulas :S that's all I can say. Hope you'll come up with a good conclusion in the end XD

• Like 1

I am taking Physics HL and I actually find it a bit challenging. I have no friend taking Design Tech yet so I cannot comment much about it. What do you want to study in Uni? I would say that taking Physics might broaden your choices A LITTLE BIT (because it's only at SL) just in case you change your mind in the future. But if you really do not have any interest in that field, I would suggest you taking DT as Physics has mostly been considered as the hardest Science subject. Maybe the chance of getting a 7 in DT is bigger than in Phy. But in Phy you actually dont need to memorise a lot of things, you just need to understand the questions and use the right formulas :S that's all I can say. Hope you'll come up with a good conclusion in the end XD

Thanks for this, and I'm thinking of taking a business course in uni.

So I guess its better to choose Dt as it's most likely I'll get a 6-7 rather than a 5-6 in Physics...

If you like design tech, then go for it. I haven't taken either subject, but I think doing physics will be much more useful than doing design tech.

Having IB physics will give you more options in uni..you might change your mind and want to do something that requires at least physics SL to be accepted in.

If I were you, I would definately take physics, just so I don't risk not getting the option I want.

Well, if my school had Design Tech, I would definitely choose this subject instead of physics. This is based on my personal tastes, but you should make sure that you won't take any majors that requires physics SL :rofl:

Edited by Lylo