Wold Lit 1

jimenafa

Hello, im doing my world lit paper on how loneliness can take you to an obsession. Im trying to show how Heathcliff and Grenouille both had lonely pasts and how that took them to an obsession. Heathcliff and Catherine's relationship was very obsessive and when Catherine choose Edgar Linton over him, he developed this need of vengance in an obsessive way. Also Grenouille was never liked as a child, and when he discovered the scent of that girl, he became obsessed with finding and creating a fragrance, also in the church this intensifies because he beleives that if he controls the fragrance of that girl, he will control the human heart.

My problem is i don't know how to start it, i've already got the introduction but now that i have some citations from the book and the whole idea i don't know how to incoorporate them to the body.. anyone has any good ideas?(:

Have you done an outline? I get the impression that you haven't. Whenever there's an assignment to be made, of whatever kind, you have to start by brainstorm, then an outline, then you start to write (Brainstorm, Outline, Write = BOW).

Start by thinking about what do you wan to write, in what order. Make sure that the essay really is comparative, don't just write about the first book and then about the second, write about how they differ and how they are similar. As for the quotation, you should incorporate them in such a way that it just becomes fluent. It's hard to describe, maybe you could tell me how you did to incorporate them and we could give you advice.

• Like 1

Yes, do as Tilia advised.

Also, there are a couple of different ways you can incorporate quotes into the body of the text. It differs for each person, and their style of writing (Diction, syntax, etc.) so know that my advise isn't absolute lol.

1. Introduce a topic for Book 1.

2. Discuss the topic some.

3. Give a quote as evidence.

4. Explain the Quote

5. Repeat the same processes for Book 2, except that you should discuss the theme in the context of Book 2. When you introduce Book 2, start bringing up similarities and differences, and other points of discussion. As always, bring up a quote in the middle of that, and explain it.

You can mix and match when/how you present the quotes, just make sure you don't throw it at the reader. For example, don't put a quote at the beginning of a paragraph, unless it makes a nice syntactical effect, and if you explain it immediately after.

• Like 1