Sign in to follow this  

Physics higher level Standard level difficulty

Physics higher level Standard level difficulty  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Physics standard level difficulty

2. 2. Physics higher level difficulty

hello,

in a scale where 1 is the easiest and 10 the most difficult where you would put standard level physics and where higher level physics

Edited by vagelis

It really depends on your teacher in my opinion. If you have a good teacher, Physics becomes much easier.

yes that is true.

But i don't have that problem in my school we have good teachers.

I heard from somewhere that physics SL and HL programs have almost the same syllabus, in which HL students have 2 hours extra compared to SL students ....

To me, physics SL is quite tough, well it's true that it depends on the teacher.

In terms of difficulty of the course, I would same physics is a very difficult course. If you have a decent teacher and you are willing to work hard its possible to score well, like pretty much all ib subjects. But in terms of the difference between HL and SL, I'm doing HL and I find that the extra HL content isn't that much harder than the SL stuff. It's an extension of the course work but I think that a lot of the content isn't beyond and SL student.

And it's not true that SL and HL courses are the same, there is HL specific work and options, but like I said HL and SL aren't that different in difficulty.

I had horrible teachers Physics SL was a challenge for me, even though Physics at GCSE was a breeze. If you like physics enough, you shouldn't have a problem at HL or at SL. It's a subjective answer.

As far as I can explain it...

Physics SL is an okay course, and if you have a good textbook you can teach yourself from it (I am).

Physics HL is hard. You need a good teacher or a lot of time/dedication to master it, plus a good understanding of the underlying mathematical concepts.

Anyone can do Physics SL and get a 7; to get a 7 in Physics HL you have to be a bright or very hard working kid, probably both.