What are books that you have had to read for school that you absolutely hate?

JoeG

A book that I had to read for school that I absolutely despise is Julius Caesar. I had to read it back in 10th grade (Pre-IB) and I thought it was absolutely boring. If I read it over a few times more, I might begin to like it, but I doubt that would happen.

So what are some of the books that you all can't stand?

• Like 1

Absolutely hate? I actually have two.

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. I read this on my junior year. The storyline is so dry, and I did not understand where the book is taking me.

And I also didn't like the Iliad. It was too much for me to handle (must be because I was a sophomore, heheh). The 45 page-per-chapter thing made me not wanna read it, but I'm getting used to those now. :P

• Like 1

Oh my god...Miss Julie play! That play just made me wish I could make myself unconsious while the teacher is going on and on about it! I read it in arabic, btw.

Having said this..All the books I read in english class whether in grade 7,8, IGSCE or even IB..weren't bad. (Danny the champion of the world, Of Mice and Men, All my sons, HIROSHIMA, The silver Sword, Romeo&Juliet, To Kill a mockingbird) I loved most of them..

Before I say this I'll have to declare that I'm an African and proud of it. Regardless, I still think African literature is the most boring I've ever read. They're almost always about colonisation and it's freaking annoying. I do appreciate the few who try to break the monotony but overall, I HATE AFRICAN LITERATURE, e.g., The River Between, Things Fall Apart, Songs of Lawino :rolleyes:

/end rant.

• Like 1