What are books that you have had to read for school that you absolutely hate?

JoeG

I'm normally apathetic for books in English Literature. Only really in Year 11 (IB1) did I start to actually form genuine opinions. So far in Options, Part 4, we've done a few things. I really really enjoyed reading Orwell's "Shooting an Elephant" which most of my class hated. Conversely, most of my class liked Khaled Hosseini's "Kite Runner" and I DESPISED it. I enjoy English but I could not focus when we studied this book, I hated it. 

We also did an IB Anthology, but nothing stood out. Luckily enough, we moved on from that quick enough..,

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8 de Outubro de 2010 at 3:22 AM, KifujinMizu said:

Absolutely hate? I actually have two.

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. I read this on my junior year. The storyline is so dry, and I did not understand where the book is taking me.

And I also didn't like the Iliad. It was too much for me to handle (must be because I was a sophomore, heheh). The 45 page-per-chapter thing made me not wanna read it, but I'm getting used to those now. :P

I have to read The Heart of Darkness actually for my EE as I am doing it on Film, by comparing the idealism and the self-destructiveness on The Apocalypse Now and The Lord of the Flies. Do you think its a good topic? Original?   

• 1 month later...