Social Anthropology Topics

tomh

I am doing my extended essay on social anthropology. That's already been decided.

But I really can't figure out a topic title.

I was thinking homosexuality, though how could I turn that into a narrow anthropological question that I can find a lot of research on?

Any help is much appreciated.

Does this work?

"To What Extent Have Western Societies Come To Accept Homosexuality In Recent Years, And How Has That Choice Changed Their Image, And What Are The Implications Of That?"

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like it has serious potential, but, honestly, it seems much to broad to me. What Western societies (countries?) are you planning on doing?

You can't cover all of them, or even 5 of them, in a sufficently in-depth manner and answer all three of your questions.

"To What Extent Have [Country x], [Country y], and [Country z] Come To Accept Homosexuality In Recent Years, And What Are The Implications Of Their Acceptance?"

"To What Extent Have [Country x], [Country y], and [Country z] Come To Accept Homosexuality In Recent Years, And How Has That Choice Changed Other Countries' Preceived Views of Them?"

"What Are The Implications Of [Country x], [Country y], and [Country z]'s Acceptance of Homosexuality In Recent Years, And How Has That Choice Changed Other Countries' Preceived Views of Them?"

Maybe if you did something like one of those, it could work. I would consider narrowing your question, in way way or another.

Good luck!