2007 NOVEMBER ECONOMICS HL in ENGLISH 6

2006 NOVEMBER ENVIRON.SYST. SL in ENGLISH 7

2007 NOVEMBER MATH.STUDIES SL in ENGLISH 7

2007 NOVEMBER MUSIC HL in ENGLISH 5

2007 NOVEMBER THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH A

EE/TOK points: 3

Total points: 40

Results: Diploma awarded

i hope this gets me into a bachelor of arts...

2007 NOVEMBER ENGLISH A1 EE A

2007 NOVEMBER ENGLISH A1 HL 6

2007 NOVEMBER FRENCH AB. SL 6

2007 NOVEMBER ECONOMICS HL in ENGLISH 6

2006 NOVEMBER ENVIRON.SYST. SL in ENGLISH 7

2007 NOVEMBER MATH.STUDIES SL in ENGLISH 7

2007 NOVEMBER MUSIC HL in ENGLISH 5

Total points: 40

i hope this gets me into a bachelor of arts...

Congratulations! A 40 should, depending on where you apply, but that's a great score.

Awesome job Bandev. Really happy to hear you did well :P . After all the IB has put you through. Welcome to the club (of IB graduates).

Keep in mind that you can still try to get into the course of your choice, just make sure you make it clear that you really want in. Universities love to see someone who is really dedicated (or so they say). :D

It kind of doesn't work like that in Australia they are alot more impersonal than in England, they go by scores only, and the score is the same for everyone, very few courses require interviews so it would make any difference if I contacted them. @HMS the course was Med at Melbourne for which I needed an 43 minimum, 44 is more like it actually.

It kind of doesn't work like that in Australia they are alot more impersonal than in England, they go by scores only, and the score is the same for everyone, very few courses require interviews so it would make any difference if I contacted them. @HMS the course was Med at Melbourne for which I needed an 43 minimum, 44 is more like it actually.

With a 43 you could probably have slid in. But good things do come from the bad--a lot of people want Medicine, fall just short, and end up loving other careers. Your mark is quite good, it's excellent. :D

ya it's the same in Jordan very impersonal! you fill in a form with the top 30 choices you'd like to study, and I don't know who decides what you do and which govermental Uni you go to! ridiculous! lol

bachelor of arts in what lestat?

Guest lestat
bachelor of arts in what lestat?

at the university of melbourne focusing on political science and philosophy (I think i was one of the few in my class who actually enjoyed ToK). i'm actually most worried about not getting to a residential college they seem really competitive.

What college are you trying for? Don't worry you are not the only one well despite us being in different school. I enjoyed writing my TOK essay, I wonder if that is why I got an A, everyone elses probably had undercurrents of hate and anger.

Edited by Bandev

What college are you trying for? Don't worry you are not the only one well despite us being in different school. I enjoyed writing my TOK essay, I wonder if that is why I got an A, everyone elses probably had undercurrents of hate and anger.

After researching all the colleges, it seemed that Janet Clarke Hall had the largest rooms, so that is my first preference. I was thinking of International House, but they're located off-campus which is a little annoying.

I know how you feel...I was completely gutted when I got my results coz I just missed out on Melbourne Uni:

2007 NOVEMBER ENGLISH A1 EE A

2007 NOVEMBER ENGLISH A1 HL 6 :lol:

2007 NOVEMBER FRENCH AB. SL 7

2007 NOVEMBER PSYCHOLOGY SL in ENGLISH 7

2007 NOVEMBER BIOLOGY HL in ENGLISH 7

2007 NOVEMBER CHEMISTRY HL in ENGLISH 6 :lol:

2006 NOVEMBER MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH 7

Total points: 43

My UMAT wasn't too bad either (191 (97%tile)/253WUMAT)

The standards are just ridiculously high at UniMelb and there's nothing more to it!

Oh well hopefully I'll still get in to Monash or UNSW...

Edit: To be fair most med schools in Aust. require an interview (though almost all other courses rely on academic merit alone...)

Edited by Cham

But don't you get a national scholarship if you get 44 or 45? at Melbourne. SO 43 is great isn't it?

a friend of mine, who isn't that smart, and no where near 99.90 got into Melbourne Med. not an IB student though.

Are you saying everyone in med school is 99.90?

Edited by Forester

But don't you get a national scholarship if you get 44 or 45? at Melbourne. SO 43 is great isn't it?

a friend of mine, who isn't that smart, and no where near 99.90 got into Melbourne Med. not an IB student though.

Are you saying everyone in med school is 99.90?

Not everyone in med school has a 99.90. I personally know of people with 42/43s and who are studying Medicine at Unimelb. It depends on your UMAT, and it's extremely competitive. Other courses at Melbourne, such as dentistry and veterinary science are slightly less competitive, but they still need great scores. So it really depends on the selection officers, and how you went in comparison to others. But IMO it's the hardest course to get into, a 43 is an AWESOME score, and if that doesn't get you a place (be it even CSP bonded!), Melbourne are surely missing out.

But good luck with your other applications, Cham. Did you get an interview offer from Monash?

Edited by shotaway

Are you sure Cham? Because one of my friends got exactly the same scores for UMAT and IB, she thinks that she will get Med at MelbUni. Forester and shotaway you are right you can get into melb with scores in the low 98s if you have a really good UMAT, one of my friends sisters got in to melb med with 98.10, btw that is a really good score, where you expecting 45 though, as is apparent by the smilies.

Well, the table on UniMelb's website indicates that I fall far from the cut-offs (my score =99.8 + 253 WUMAT/ score required for CSB UNBONDED PLACE = 99.85 +287 WUMAT or 99.90 + 190 WUMAT). One of my friends (HSC grad 2006) got scores of 99.85 + WUMAT 266 and was only called for a DFEE place (which she accepted) so the cut-offs on the website pretty much tells it like it is...My only hope is that they give some special consideration to IB grads (unlikely) or that my remarks in Eng. and Chem. score me at least 1 more point (unlikely). The quota this year is 89 undergrad CSP students, and considering the demand it just doesn't seem very likely that I will be offered a spot (I'm starting to get over this though :lol: ) Bandev, maybe your friend had a higher WUMAT that mine, remember that they double the Raw score of S1 (log reasoning and prob solving) my scores were pretty average: Section 1 65 (95%'tile) Section 2 60 (92%'tile) and Section 3 66 (96%tile). If your friend got in the 100%tile in S1 then his/her WUMAT would be much, much higher than mine. Even so, if s/he got 43 (UAI 99.80) then she would have to qualify for the 'UMAT only stream' as the 'UMAT/ENTER' requires 99.85 (given the number of ppl that apply, 0.5 makes a huge difference - if only 43 converted to 99.85 *sigh*)

Edit: Lol no I wasn't expecting 45, I wasn't even expecting 43...It's like expecting to win $50 and winning $99 instead, I'm over the moon, but there will always be that $1 that got away...

Edit2: OMFG I can't believe I just used a money analogy to describe med school entrance...I do wanna help ppl, honest!

Edited by Cham