Please help, I feel like I'm six feet under.

Victor Wynn

I am a senior in high school, I started the International Baccalaureate program last year. My class is the first year of IB students so were kind of the guinea pigs for Crossland high school. My eleventh grade year I was happy because I maintained a 3.9 through my junior year except for dropping to a 2.5 my fourth quarter. The reason why I had a 3.9 first through third quarter was because one teacher was adjusting her grades based on my other grades, she didn't like me and we couldn't see eye to eye. Many parents didn't like her yet she's the reason I never maintained a 4.0. Now it's my senior year and since this is Crossland's first batch of IB students, they're unorganized. We are getting dates thrown at us and being expected to complete them with minimal guidance. To my understanding the EE was supposed to be done by the end of your junior year with you making changes to it your senior year. More then half of my class hasn't even started on the EE. As far as the internal assessment, I'm just stuck! Every question I choose I feel like I get stuck with. I really regret joining IB right now.

Does anyone have any tips that will help my complete my internal assessment and extended essay? Nearly everyone in my class has failing grades in multiple classes. In spanish we all have Es except for one girl and the teacher said herself that we weren't going to pass the year-end exam. I feel like joining IB was like committing suicide to my college future.

Ok ok ok . First off. Deep breaht! Deep breath!

Second. Which class is your IA over. Feel free to PM me.

What he said.

Wow, you kept a 3.9 during your 11th year and in the IB programme, better than what I'm doing so don't freak :P

That wasn't sarcasm by the way.

Anyway, if you feel like you just get stuck with a question you don't like, find another one, you are not limited in topics, more limited on how to develop your papers. The EE final is all that matters in the end as far as I know but yes I think most IB schools get a rough draft done for junior year then do minor changes before turning it in. But either way the end result will end up with you doing it, just now you have less time, sorry.

And trust me, if you pass IB, you did not kill your college future. Even if not awarded the diploma your transcript will still have the courses and grades and Cas etc etc. Also you might get college credit and exemption from college courses making it cheaper for you and easier. And even if you don't get credit you have the knowledge to test out of some now right?

Guest Red XII

I am a senior in high school, I started the International Baccalaureate program last year. My class is the first year of IB students so were kind of the guinea pigs for Crossland high school. My eleventh grade year I was happy because I maintained a 3.9 through my junior year except for dropping to a 2.5 my fourth quarter. The reason why I had a 3.9 first through third quarter was because one teacher was adjusting her grades based on my other grades, she didn't like me and we couldn't see eye to eye. Many parents didn't like her yet she's the reason I never maintained a 4.0. Now it's my senior year and since this is Crossland's first batch of IB students, they're unorganized. We are getting dates thrown at us and being expected to complete them with minimal guidance. To my understanding the EE was supposed to be done by the end of your junior year with you making changes to it your senior year. More then half of my class hasn't even started on the EE. As far as the internal assessment, I'm just stuck! Every question I choose I feel like I get stuck with. I really regret joining IB right now.

Does anyone have any tips that will help my complete my internal assessment and extended essay? Nearly everyone in my class has failing grades in multiple classes. In spanish we all have Es except for one girl and the teacher said herself that we weren't going to pass the year-end exam. I feel like joining IB was like committing suicide to my college future.

EE differs from school to school. My school is a well-established all-IB school and the vast majority of the senior class did nothing on EE until the start of senior year (although we technically started it in junior year). My rough draft is due tomorrow and I'm still researching.

Ultimately, the EE isn't that big of a deal. Yep, it's a 4000-word paper. But in the long run, it hardly affects your IB diploma, as all you need is a D to get your diploma.

As the others above have asked, we need to know which class your Internal Assessment (IA) is in to help you with it.

In terms of grades, most colleges take into account the rigor of your curriculum. Everywhere I've visited, they've said that they consider the IB Diploma to be one of the most rigorous programs out there. This generally makes up for the lower grades that IB students receive. Just do your best and try to resist the urge to procrastinate as much as possible - it'll just make you more stressed. (The position I'm in on EE is not good.)

Feel free to PM me with any questions - I'm fairly familiar with many of the workings of IB, especially in the subjects I'm taking. New IB teachers are rough, so I can only imagine how rough it is having a new IB program altogether.

You'll be fine!

During IB, I've often regretted it momentarily, but each time I regret it it's in the early morning hours and I'm working on a stressful assignment. When I'm not stressed and I consider my choice to go IB, I'm really glad I chose it.

Yes, it's a very painful and very stressful program, but it's well worth it and it does have its fun moments.

Only one year left and then you'll be a survivor!