Possible Music Extended Essay?

avp

Hi!

I'm thinking about wether or not to write my EE in Music because I dont take it as a subject, but I do play some instruments and am really passionate about it.

I was possibly thinking of something along the lines of how blues music has influenced the modern music of today.. or rock n' roll. im not too sure which one would work better.

I'm also wondering if a topic on the rolling stones could work, but I'm not really sure how?

Any advice?!

Both of those topics are viable for an extended essay in music. But I would be hesitant to try and do one in music seeing as you don't actually take it. A music EE has to include a lot of analysis of musical compositional devices and a lot of music theory.

If you're good in this area then you could certainly talk to a supervisor about trying to find a topic in late 20th Century music, but otherwise you might find that you don't have the necessary skills to do an EE in music. These things are taught in the music course and if you are really dedicated, you could hire a tutor and study them to do well. But in the end if you are really passionate about music then certainly go for it because that motivation will help bucket loads.

Both of those topics are viable for an extended essay in music. But I would be hesitant to try and do one in music seeing as you don't actually take it. A music EE has to include a lot of analysis of musical compositional devices and a lot of music theory.

If you're good in this area then you could certainly talk to a supervisor about trying to find a topic in late 20th Century music, but otherwise you might find that you don't have the necessary skills to do an EE in music. These things are taught in the music course and if you are really dedicated, you could hire a tutor and study them to do well. But in the end if you are really passionate about music then certainly go for it because that motivation will help bucket loads.

Well I have a while until I need to choose a topic so I'll just keep thinking.

Thanks!