Portfolio Formating

Moss

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of writing my Maths SL IA on Stellar numbers. I have done all the maths behind it and was wanting to know how to set it out. Does anyone have a good template or know where I can look at an old IA to see the formatting?

Thanks,

Moss

You can access various Maths portfolios by purchasing a VIP subscriber membership to IBS :console:

Otherwise, literally just work through the questions. I assume that Stellar Numbers is a type 1 not type 2 portfolio, so just 'introduce' with what you're trying to find out and how you're going to do it (probably easiest to write this after you've done the rest of it) and literally just go through explaining the reasoning behind every step and including as much working out as possible. Look at the mark scheme and make sure you include things like why you chose X number of decimal places, the potential errors which might arise from any of your working etc. Conclude with the overall rule.

• 3 weeks later...

What do you mean cite? Not 'citing' we use for essays and EEs right?

Because I didn't cite anything, I just mentioned in the introduction that I will be using my GDC and excel, and everything went just fine.

Cover page: I didn't do a cover page.

I didn't do those two and I still got a 7 for my IA. :)

• 1 month later...

Yes Mahuta I saw your IA and I was surprised not seeing any cover page! I like the bullets, though.

COVER PAGE

Do we need to put the IB logo?

Do we need to put the date?

Do we need to put our examination session?

Do we need to put our candidate number?

Can I put my school crest?

HEADER

Do we need to put our school name?

Do we need to put the portfolio title?

Do we need to put our name and candidate number?

Do we need to put the date?

Do we need to use Times New Roman (12) with 1.5 spacing?

Thank you!