Design lab - woodlice

Licorice

Well, I'd start with woodlice, find something that affects them, preferably and environmental factor. Then alter that factor in some way to see how they would respond. Or really research some of their properties and how they work and see if you can come up with your own factor that you believe would affect them based off the information about them you have found.

• Like 2

Thank you for your answers :confused:

After hours of research... I went with darkness vs. lightness and what the woodlice preferred... I am pretty sure I got most of my facts right, but it's the structure of the report that counts... BIOLOGY labs in IB aren't primarily about BIOLOGY =/

Edited by Licorice

Thank you for your answers :D

After hours of research... I went with darkness vs. lightness and what the woodlice preferred... I am pretty sure I got most of my facts right, but it's the structure of the report that counts... BIOLOGY labs in IB aren't primarily about BIOLOGY =/

Most labs for IB that I've done (phys, bio, chem) are all about the same. Structure and clarity, interpretation of data, and reasonable evaluations. Doesn't really matter what the data really is as long as you can explain WHY it is.

My bio IA was over germination and it was the glucose concentration in the water vs the time it took for the tap root to grow to 1cm. Well I for some reason forgot the part where seeds need O2 to germinate as well and I completely submerged by seeds in glucose water. Needless to say my data across the whole chart was "0", I still got about a 14/18 :)

• Like 1

As a little tip, check out the section in your textbook for syllabus Option E (Neurobiology & Behaviour) because it actually lists woodlice and the way they react to light, moisture etc. as one of the examples, so it'd be great for info. and experiments!

aah, well thank you! =)

But I already handed in my lab =/ and also, I did mine on luminosity and my study guide only mentions woodlice and humidity..