Do not discuss exams until 24 hours have passed. More information about the rules here.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rue saint-denis

Recommend Music

33 posts in this topic

Please! All of this IB talk is reminding me of all the work that awaits and I don't entirely feel well! >.< Let's talk about music to defer our minds from problems. It's nice and healthy.

So, I'm into Folk, Folk-Rock. If you are too, then you'll probably like the following.

Teitur is a nice little lad from the Faeroe Islands. He composes beautiful, relaxing, romantic music, and has a nice soothing voice.

I don't want to refer you to his myspace because those aren't his best songs, but I will: click me

If you're into this lovely winter spirit, Meaghan Smith, a Canadian from Hailifax will only add to the season. She'll be releasing her second album sometime this month. click me to listen to her!

I'll stop here and let you guys continue. Enjoy and explore!

Well if you lik electronica alternative rock, otherwise know as new wave, then you will love Klaxons. OMG their music is orgasmic, especially Totem Timeline and Golden Skans. I love them.

Rue saint-denis you might like Basia Bulat if you like Folk-Pop, My favourite song of hers is Little Waltz. Another folk option is The Waifs, they are very Australian folk, and oh so awesome.

Atm, I am loving New Buffalo, who makes folk-ish pop, australian, brilliant.

I love Camille, french pop never sounded so good, literally, which I know isn't very difficult, but wow soo good.

Angus and Julia Stone, brother sister team, Julia is very folk, Angus is more pop. Australian once agian. As you might have guessed by now I like the music of my country.

More from Asutralia, Gotye, this is genius, pop/rock/electronic, amazing.

Sneaky Sound System, dance music, once agian from you guessed it, Australia. Well, I have run out of adjectives but you understand.

Well if you lik electronica alternative rock, otherwise know as new wave, then you will love Klaxons. OMG their music is orgasmic, especially Totem Timeline and Golden Skans. I love them.

Rue saint-denis you might like Basia Bulat if you like Folk-Pop, My favourite song of hers is Little Waltz. Another folk option is The Waifs, they are very Australian folk, and oh so awesome.

Atm, I am loving New Buffalo, who makes folk-ish pop, australian, brilliant.

I love Camille, french pop never sounded so good, literally, which I know isn't very difficult, but wow soo good.

Angus and Julia Stone, brother sister team, Julia is very folk, Angus is more pop. Australian once agian. As you might have guessed by now I like the music of my country.

More from Asutralia, Gotye, this is genius, pop/rock/electronic, amazing.

Sneaky Sound System, dance music, once agian from you guessed it, Australia. Well, I have run out of adjectives but you understand.

Camille O' Sullivan, the one that's also Irish or just plain Camille who sings Ta Douleur and Pale Septembre?

they're both good. I'll check out Basia later tonight. Thanks

I'd recommend Sufjan Stevens, Nickel Creek (folky bluegrass? I'm not great at slotting things into genres) and DeVotchKa (folk music from the Ukraine).

how did u come up with the idea of he ukraine folk music?

jack Johnson :S

Edited by Harmonicgirl

how did u come up with the idea of he ukraine folk music?

jack Johnson :)

They recorded the vast majority of the music on the soundtrack of the film "Little Miss Sunshine", that's how I heard about them.

:) I know the film, it's great :)

Yeah sometimes it's possible to find a good music by accident. I like looking for new bands on myspace.

I recommend everything by Regina Spektor. Her music is excellent. I have pretty much all of her albums, including the live ones, so if you can't find anything I can probably send it.

Edited by shotaway

I love Regina Spektor!

I only have her latest album though.

Fantastic.

I love Regina Spektor!

I only have her latest album though.

Fantastic.

There's so much you still need! Begin to Hope bonus disc, Soviet Kitsch, Songs, 11:11, Live at Bull Moose, Live in California...

Rise Against ftw haha

Try:

Dancing for rain, But Tonight we Dance, Swing Life Away, The Approaching Curve, Prayer of the Refugee, Paper Wings, Injection [personal fav], and Ready to Fall

Lyrics are AMAZING

Was listening to Rise Against songs for like 4 hours yesterday lol

Edited by cixelsyD

If you're into rock of all times, but specially now (guns n roses, ac/dc, lincoln park, offspring, etc...) click here. It's an awsome rock station in florida.

Haha, UK chick pop never fails to put me in a good mood!

UK what?! get off my forum :)

Kraftwerk never cease to amaze me...

German Electronic music at it's best, until they decided for some reason to do a dance version Pocket Calculator.

Camille O' Sullivan, the one that's also Irish or just plain Camille who sings Ta Douleur and Pale Septembre?

they're both good. I'll check out Basia later tonight. Thanks

Just plain Camille with Ta Douleur, Pale septembre, etc

Do you like basia bulat?

Anyway I am loving Lupe Fiasco atm. But I am also loving some really embrassing stuff eg Kylie's new album X, lol.

Another brilliant Australian act is British India which is rock, I went to there concert last year and it was brilliant. Also Augie March is really nice indie-pop. Another Australian singer who is fantastic and hugely popular in australia for good reason is Missy Higgins, her first album is beyond excellent.

Other bands I love are The Strokes (rock), clap your hands and say yeah, Kings of leon and the good, the bad, and the queen.

Edited by Bandev

Currently on my ipod:

Coldplay

Imogen Heap

Timbaland

Regina Spektor

Girls Aloud

Kate Nash

Feist

Kanye West

Paramore

Natasha Beddingfield

Dragonette

Colbie Caillat

The Fray

Sara Barailles

Chris Brown

Sean Kingston

Yeah... I love music, and many different genres.

Edited by Jewelianna

Hey, yea, im probably the odd one out... I usually am. But im a jazz nut! American swing, funk and latin are my favourite genres, but generally any will do :P

Maynard Ferguson is the best! Same with Gordon Goodwin (his adaptation of Sing Sing Sing ROCKS!)

If anyone else has ever heard of those two, gimme a shout out XP