English A1 IOP Conclusion

sharylc

Hey guys

I'm just about done writing my IOP, which is a comparison between the poems 'Australia' by A.D. Hope and 'My Country' by Dorothea Mackellar. Throughout it I basically compared the differences in views of the country Australia using the literary features, and the contexts. One poem presents a very harsh and condescending view of the country, but the other is more positive and superficial.

But, I'm not sure how to write a conclusion for it. Should I just put in my personal response? What else could I do to conclude?

Did you have a title or was it just "a comparison of X and Y"?

If you had a title in the form of a question use the conclusion to sum up all the points you made and then how you think those answered the question. If it was just a plain comparison then use the conclusion to sum up all of the points you made and to what extent you found 'general rules' -- such as that one was more overwhelmingly positive and you could tell this through the use of blah blah and blah, that the other was less superficial due to blah and blah and so on. Think of your conclusion as basically a summary.

You can put in a little bit of personal response as well. To be honest I wouldn't fret too much about the exact details, you can kinda make it up on the spot... it's an oral presentation, not something where you have to have the words down to begin with. One idea is to watch and see what the other people in your class do with their conclusions and then use that to inform your own response. Just make sure you don't have to 'perform' first! XD

• Like 1

• 3 years later...