IB Portfolio Examples

carotorres

So I have to hand in my portfolio this friday...

but I DON'T HAVE A CLUE if I'm doing it right because my teacher believes we have some kind of mighty power to solve it without previous instruction.

but well that is not the point..

I guess I've got to work it out, and I looked in google for any old sl maths portfolio example, but I was not able to find anything useful

Soo... can someone be kind enough to send me or to post any old or an example of a math portfolio type 1 and 2

PLEASEE!!!

Well tomorrow is will only be Thursday. I know that teachers are given some old Portfolios to go over with students as examples. The teacher I had at the beginning of the year showed us various examples of Portfolios that students had done the previous years, all examples of what NOT to do, and what TO DO. Your best chance is to ask your teacher for an example old Portfolio. If she refuses, go to the IB Coordinator and ask for one.

I think there are some example Portfolios in the Files section on the website though.

Also, did your teacher give you the general grading rubric for Math Portfolios? That always offers advice to what the examiners are looking at.

Below is a small guide that I found on the internet of things to focus on in a Math IA. I actually used this for my Portfolio that I turned in on Monday lol.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:db9fgm_jL0QJ:www.cic-caracas.org/vanas/vanascontent/handouts/davis2.pdf+math+ia+example+portfolio&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgdV-TnNAHBgtYEE5ovOgbZw-Z5c9Zz1PuOC5UGlt1EE9chZdJGBe5_EKH18GMm5gEt-ZBxFSQjeB_wpE-DTcHLrpDr8bNtqZ8Bjs-7A6B6TkY05L9qetysUQJ5wgAmz1FV2Qyz&sig=AHIEtbSpq18_wZMH_Cn4eoJ2EeO0eVCmXA

Edited by JoeGuff

Well tomorrow is will only be Thursday. I know that teachers are given some old Portfolios to go over with students as examples. The teacher I had at the beginning of the year showed us various examples of Portfolios that students had done the previous years, all examples of what NOT to do, and what TO DO. Your best chance is to ask your teacher for an example old Portfolio. If she refuses, go to the IB Coordinator and ask for one.

I think there are some example Portfolios in the Files section on the website though.

Also, did your teacher give you the general grading rubric for Math Portfolios? That always offers advice to what the examiners are looking at.

Below is a small guide that I found on the internet of things to focus on in a Math IA. I actually used this for my Portfolio that I turned in on Monday lol.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:db9fgm_jL0QJ:www.cic-caracas.org/vanas/vanascontent/handouts/davis2.pdf+math+ia+example+portfolio&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgdV-TnNAHBgtYEE5ovOgbZw-Z5c9Zz1PuOC5UGlt1EE9chZdJGBe5_EKH18GMm5gEt-ZBxFSQjeB_wpE-DTcHLrpDr8bNtqZ8Bjs-7A6B6TkY05L9qetysUQJ5wgAmz1FV2Qyz&sig=AHIEtbSpq18_wZMH_Cn4eoJ2EeO0eVCmXA

Thank you so much!

He didn't explain how to do them he just said to follow instructions, but nothing else. I approached to him later on and he said to look for examples on google, but as I explained I did not find any. I guess I will approach the IB coordinator tomorrow and see if she got any.