Post IB students

rue saint-denis

Any IB graduate get to go to a university abroad?

If not, tell us where you went anyways!

I know several Ib graduates who have gone abroad (from Sweden that is). Many have gone to different universities in Europe and then there is also a big bunch who have gone to different unis in the UK (Oxbridge included).

I don't think you'll find loads of post IB student on here >.< well other than us crazy admins :P but if it asnwers your question, all 3 of us admins go to Unis abroad our original countries.

Deus: Bath Uni- from Switzerland

HMS: UNSW- from Vietnam

Lc: Loughborough Uni- from Jordan

UNSW is in Australia, just for the record. :P - HMS

I have another question for the post-trio. Most universities have a specific number of points for acceptance, right. Since most of our exams take place in our senior year, and we have to send our applications before we take our exams and know our scores, do we have to wait until the spring term for acceptance?

They probably use your predicted grades for provisional offers, and then your final mark determines what course you get into, I think.

In Australia it's different, you lodge your application with VTAC, but offers for courses happen only after all the VCEs/IBs get their marks, and that's what it's mostly dependent on (although some courses have other requirements, obviously).

I have another question for the post-trio. Most universities have a specific number of points for acceptance, right. Since most of our exams take place in our senior year, and we have to send our applications before we take our exams and know our scores, do we have to wait until the spring term for acceptance?

That really depends on where you apply to.

I took half a year off after my IB and applied to university after my exams results become available (finished in May, started uni in Feb).

But for other universities most likely they will consider a combination of your predicted grade, your transcripts, your personal statement/application essay (if any), tests such as SAT etc, interviews (if any).

• 2 weeks later...

do all of our teacher make predicted grade coz mine mention it and former students form my schol have never mentioned it bofore.

and @ HMS: how do you like your major? i was planning on studying marketing next year, and the schoool i am going to teaches it with an internation aspet, which was something i was very keen on getting.

and @ HMS: how do you like your major? i was planning on studying marketing next year, and the schoool i am going to teaches it with an internation aspet, which was something i was very keen on getting.

I don't know...lol. I haven't taken any Marketing courses yet. Those start next semester. I can only take 4 subjects a semester and last year - my first year, each semester I had to take 3 compulsory core business courses - which left only 1 subject of my choice and I chose 2 international business courses. :lol:

I don't know...lol. I haven't taken any Marketing courses yet. Those start next semester. I can only take 4 subjects a semester and last year - my first year, each semester I had to take 3 compulsory core business courses - which left only 1 subject of my choice and I chose 2 international business courses. :lol:

thanks. i should have thought about how far along youu are in school. the fall semester will be my fall semester, so i won't be able to take the marketing classes until hopefully my sophmore year. i am trying to skip my freshman year. i am 8 credits short of a minor in spanish,and i am not even in college yet.