Questions on submitting for upload and downloading notes, essays and other files.

Survival Robot

This is the place for you to ask any question you may have on how to submit your works or notes for upload on the forum, or on donwloading of notes and essays already on the forum.

Before you ask anything, however please read the FAQ carefully first.

Additionally, if you would like to be able to save word documents as PDFs, Microsoft Office has an add-on called "Save as PDF".

The file is attached for the sake of convenience but it can also be found on the microsoft office website.

SaveAsPDF.zip

Thank you,

The IBSurvival Team.

• 1 month later...
Guest twist_boy18

ok, I've participated and I really wanna become a member, I mean im in the IB!!! you know how hard it is.... and im really stupid for this so i need only help with some guides and stuff, but u think im like those other people that just enter the page and leave forever, other people wouldnt even write on a forum, nobody do that but me!! because im interested.. what else do i need??

Edited by twist_boy18

ok, I've participated and I really wanna become a member, I mean im in the IB!!! you know how hard it is.... and im really stupid for this so i need only help with some guides and stuff, but u think im like those other people that just enter the page and leave forever, other people wouldnt even write on a forum, nobody do that but me!! because im interested.. what else do i need??

it's simple darling. you want access to files? keep copntributing. I hardly think 11 posts would get you into the contributing lot. You do know if you have 50 non spam posts then you'd get VIPed directly? so realy up to you on how to fill up them posts :P

begging won't work with us. We've finished IB for God's sake! our skin turned pretty thick after that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Why dont we have the files hosted somewhere other than the forum... the files are pretty big and they eat up bandwidth like the way homeless people eat at pizza buffets...

a few suggested places would be mediafire.com and divshare.com

rapidshare is a pain in the arse because of their restrictions...

Simple answer: Because we can restrict, control and keep track of download on our forum.

At the moment, bandwidth really isn't a problem, and I doubt it ever will be. A site dedicated to the IB will never be massively popular in comparison to other websites as there are only a finite number of IB students in the world :D . If, at any point in time I have trouble with bandwidth, I'll work something out :D .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When I first accessed this site I immediately saw its usefulness and felt appreciative of those who had added to it. However upon reading that one must become a VIP to access these files by providing 50 posts took me aback. I was surprised at the inconsiderate nature of those who run this site. Now, I am an IB student and I understand the problems with spammers and those who do not contribute to the site. However, anyone serious about completing work and remaining sane in IB cannot afford the time to contribute 50 posts. Rather than supporting students you are actually adding to the pressures, by creating an elitist club. Not only does it highlight the self absorbed nature of those who run this site but also shows that they are degrading those who struggle with their work. Perhaps it is too much to expect those who have been through the IB to empathize with those struggling with it today.

• Like 1

When I first accessed this site I immediately saw its usefulness and felt appreciative of those who had added to it. However upon reading that one must become a VIP to access these files by providing 50 posts took me aback. I was surprised at the inconsiderate nature of those who run this site. Now, I am an IB student and I understand the problems with spammers and those who do not contribute to the site. However, anyone serious about completing work and remaining sane in IB cannot afford the time to contribute 50 posts. Rather than supporting students you are actually adding to the pressures, by creating an elitist club. Not only does it highlight the self absorbed nature of those who run this site but also shows that they are degrading those who struggle with their work. Perhaps it is too much to expect those who have been through the IB to empathize with those struggling with it today.

self absorbed? you call spending your own free time to monitor a site and upload files to it (not to mention paying for the server- though Deus does most of that) out of your own free will self absorbed?

Here's a reality check for you you unappreciative selfish *resists cursing* person http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php...er&t=192033 See that post count? the first 50 were up there in less than 3 days, that was alongside being student council president, playing volleyball for my school and being a full time ART! IB student. I'm sure you can spare 20 minutes a day for some useful posts if you want some help :D

so don't you dare come here and victimize yourself, asking for rights you don't deserve! simply because you're an IB student. We've all been there/are there honey, so contribute/pay or bugger off :) your help is not wanted.

• Like 2

I see. We're inconsiderate.

Not only does it highlight the self absorbed nature of those who run this site but also shows that they are degrading those who struggle with their work. Perhaps it is too much to expect those who have been through the IB to empathize with those struggling with it today.

I must say while I found the rest of your post amusing, I found this highly insulting. Perhaps if we didn't empathise with the struggles of IB students, we wouldn't have spent hours building this site to what it is now to help IB students. I swear you have no idea how much time and effort it takes to build and run this place. It didn't just miraculously appeared with all these files and notes for you to use. If we didn't care, why would we have bothered?

Moving on to the part about us being self-absorbed. Right. So what benefit do you actually think we get from this site? Sadistic pleasure of seeing IB students suffering? :lol:

We are trying to build a community between IB students here, how is that in any way self-absorbed?!?

It might interest you to know that we give up all our time and effort to work on this site of our free will, and maybe you might like to try to see things from our side of things before insulting us. Please don't assume that we've made the decision to restrict downloads on this site lightly without thinking it over carefully, making sure it would benefit everyone in the long run. Plenty of people here will tell you that it's not impossible to earn (or even pay for, if you so desperately need it) VIP status. Even without the VIP status, people have gotten help here in other forms - such as advice and moral support. Try and figure out how the place really works before complaining.

• Like 2

WhiteJumper, I would like to make it very clear that no one forced you to join, or even visit this site. If you feel that this site increases the pressures on IB students, then I'm sure you are better off ignoring its existence. Obviously you came here looking for notes and/or sample work, and this site offers a lot more than that. People can use this site to ask questions, get advice, and for most people, that little extra helps them feel more confident about the work they are doing.

To be honest, I find it incredible that you are suggesting that I possess a "self abosrbed nature" because of this site. If you had any idea how many people have been helped through this site, or through the hard work that both administrators and members have put into helping others in the community, you would immediately realise that your comments are unjustified and completely absurd.

As I said before, please feel free not to return if you don't appreciate the way the site is run.

Oh, and just try to understand that the site is set up this way so that people who are helped by the site help the site in return. It's called a community. Help others and they will help you. The system is set up to prevent selfish people from taking files and giving nothing in return. If you think that's a bad idea, then I am sorry.

• Like 2

Now, even though the Admin team has already replied to your post, I feel it is my duty to comment on things you've said:

However, anyone serious about completing work and remaining sane in IB cannot afford the time to contribute 50 posts.

If you contribute one post per day, which would take you roughly 5 minutes a day, you'd be VIP in 50 days. But hey - who has 5 minutes with share to everyone else?

by creating an elitist club

elitist? club? How is VIP elitist - maybe you should check what the word means. I hardly think it can be called elitist if EVERYONE taking a few minutes out of their daily routines can become a member.

self absorbed nature

You got me there, pal! I just love banning innocent users!

degrading those who struggle with their work

FFS, use the search function, we've said this a million times: Is it not degrading to give out other students' work without giving the students who HAVE contributed anything in return?

too much to expect those who have been through the IB to empathize with those struggling with it today

I'd say most of the people running this site, in other words VIP users, are still struggling with it today. Perhaps the academic subjects and the time we spend online make us lack empathy?

Now, to conclude my post:

You know, this site isn't just a place to store files, it's a FORUM (hence the appearance), FORUMs are made for DISCUSSION.

Sincerely,

Joel

IB Survival Moderator, VIP member

IB Student lacking empathy, May 2009 Candidate

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Ok. I know this is a VERY stupid question, but bear with me b/c I've never been a part of any forum or left comments, concerns, etc. before I joined IB Survival.

I have files I'd like to contribute, but "To submit files, please make a new thread in the Contribute to IBSurvival subforum, with your username in the thread title. Please only make one thread per usename and attach all the files you'd like to contribute to posts in that thread."

What in the world is a thread?

I know what the word means, but not forum-wise. I didn't find anything in the FAQ section. If it is in the FAQ though, I apologize beforehand.

Thank you!

Edited by Karasu

Haha a thread is a topic. Should have used that word instead, sorry, since that's what it's called on this forum. So this whole page "Questions on submitting for upload and downloading notes, essays and other files" is a thread. Individual messages [reply] by each person is called a post in case you're wondering. :D

Haha a thread is a topic. Should have used that word instead, sorry, since that's what it's called on this forum. So this whole page "Questions on submitting for upload and downloading notes, essays and other files" is a thread. Individual messages [reply] by each person is called a post in case you're wondering. :hug:

Thank you so much! It was already driving me crazy... I was reading "thread" everywhere and still couldn't figure out what it was!! lol I did know what a post was, but thanks anyway! =D

• 1 month later...

hi everyone..

erm....im trying to upload notes in microsoft words format..but unable to do so..i've already read the FAQ section and i guess from what i understand, we dont need to change it into pdf format first before uploading...

am i right..?or its not about the format..?

hi everyone..

erm....im trying to upload notes in microsoft words format..but unable to do so..i've already read the FAQ section and i guess from what i understand, we dont need to change it into pdf format first before uploading...

am i right..?or its not about the format..?

Where are you trying to upload these files to? You can only upload files to the contribute to IB survival forum.