Questions on submitting for upload and downloading notes, essays and other files.

Survival Robot

Hi!

Okay, so I understood that I had to make a new thread (that is a topic, if I am not wrong) with my name and upload things there. And I did so. But huh...where has it gone? I found it weird because I was the only one there but I thought that was because you had restricted everything in order to make the uploads of other member unavalaible for non-VIPs. But where has my thread gone? Am I dumb or what? Or did I get it wrong? o.O

• 2 months later...

Hey, I wanted to upload a past paper. Is it allowed?

There are multipe papers(l paper 1 text, paper 1 question, paper 2) so do I just upload in one topic and one forum in the contribute to survival forum?

AND... Since its a kiswahili paper which is not very popular do u think it will be useful or pointless?

• 2 months later...

I saw that there's only one file about oral commentaries, and I have notes about how to write a good commentary from my teacher (who has been teaching IB for 5 years) and I was wondering if I can submit it even though I didn't write it ?

I'm in IB1, so I don't really have my own tips about how to do a great oral commentary. ;)

I saw that there's only one file about oral commentaries, and I have notes about how to write a good commentary from my teacher (who has been teaching IB for 5 years) and I was wondering if I can submit it even though I didn't write it ?

I'm in IB1, so I don't really have my own tips about how to do a great oral commentary. :P

Yes, you can :) . If you know who wrote it, you can for example acknowledge him/her somewhere in the file.

• 2 months later...
Completely and utterly pointless. :P If there is ever another person on here who takes the subject, you can exchange by PM. But for now...no point really.

Perhaps there should be a thread for miscellaneous papers. For the exchange through PM to work, both users would have to be active at the same time. If this occurs after the user with the paper has graduated, then it most likely won't work, and the user who needs the past paper will be past-paper-less.

That was a fun mini-tongue twister. :S

• 4 weeks later...
I've recently purchased a VIP account, but I am unable to view any files. Is there a specific criteria I have to meet? (A minimum number of posts?) Please let me know, because I am looking for some previous IB exams and mark schemes.

Thank you,

Anas

We don't have past papers on this site so don't expect any. You should be able to view files that are hosted on the forum. If you are unable to view those files, please PM myself or any of the other admins.

• 1 month later...
it's simple darling. you want access to files? keep copntributing. I hardly think 11 posts would get you into the contributing lot. You do know if you have 50 non spam posts then you'd get VIPed directly? so realy up to you on how to fill up them posts :P

begging won't work with us. We've finished IB for God's sake! our skin turned pretty thick after that.

Really?

... because I've seen many people on this website with 70+ posts who are not VIPed yet.

I'm just wondering... is there any other criteria (e.g. minimum number of files uploaded) that are required (I checked the FAQs before posting, it doesn't mention so... so I'm just asking out of curiousity)

:)

Really?

... because I've seen many people on this website with 70+ posts who are not VIPed yet.

I'm just wondering... is there any other criteria (e.g. minimum number of files uploaded) that are required (I checked the FAQs before posting, it doesn't mention so... so I'm just asking out of curiousity)

:P

It truly depends, on how soon we notice you or how long you've been around, how legit we think you are or how many useful files you've uploaded. It's all subjective.

• 2 weeks later...

I am really interested in putting up some files, but besides being computer illiterate, the only computer in the house runs on Korean (which is my parents 1st but my 2nd langauge). I can't even open your explanation of how to change to pdf files because apparently the computer doesn't have the capacity to do it (from my understanding), which I don't understand because I've got adobe on it. would you be able to tell me in a few sentences where I would find the save as pdf function roughly? (therefore i can match up the position even if I don't understand it).

Thanks so much.