Questions on submitting for upload and downloading notes, essays and other files.

Survival Robot

I am really interested in putting up some files, but besides being computer illiterate, the only computer in the house runs on Korean (which is my parents 1st but my 2nd langauge). I can't even open your explanation of how to change to pdf files because apparently the computer doesn't have the capacity to do it (from my understanding), which I don't understand because I've got adobe on it. would you be able to tell me in a few sentences where I would find the save as pdf function roughly? (therefore i can match up the position even if I don't understand it).

Thanks so much.

The Save as PDF is not a default option on a Windows machine. If you're not able to save as PDF, don't bother, just upload as is and we'll sort it out.

Really?

... because I've seen many people on this website with 70+ posts who are not VIPed yet.

I'm just wondering... is there any other criteria (e.g. minimum number of files uploaded) that are required (I checked the FAQs before posting, it doesn't mention so... so I'm just asking out of curiousity)

:yes:

I've just seen this sorry, but we've changed the rules to 100 posts :yawn: funnily enough we started with 1 post, up to 10 to 50 and now 100 XD to spare the moderating team from deleting 100 spam posts a day!

What you have on your computer is Adobe Reader, which only reads PDF files, it doesn't know how to make them. You should download a software like CutePDF (free), with which you can convert files into pdf. Once you have CutePDF installed you just click on Print when you have the file open (as you would if you were to print it on paper), and as your printer choose CutePDF writer, which will then create the PDF file.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having problems uploading, the bar loads and when all the content is finished uploading (e.g. 1.35 MB out of 1.35 MB), a red box comes up saying "Upload skipped Error 403". I looked up the error online and it said it has to do with the server and "Forbidden" or something. Is the problem with my computer or just the site? I uploaded several files this morning and it worked fine then.

Sorry we can be pretty slow in moving them :) procrastination and all. At the moment the forum just got upgraded and so it's a bit slow, I'm waiting for everything to stabilise to look into it (that and the fact that I'm busy beyond belief these days and sorting out the contributions take a fair bit of time)

i want to know for what to do is to be said that i have value in this website..?

and what should i do and then i can download files from the website.

In order to download files you must have VIP membership. You can do this either by paying £8 for a year (or £12 for two years), or by contributing meaningful posts / your own work and notes (not real coursework, though, unless you've already finished your IB course) to the forum. You become a VIP automatically at 100 posts, or, if you're being useful and helpful around the forum, can be made a VIP earlier at the discretion of the admin team (to my knowledge :D ). All this is in the Help section.

i want to know for what to do is to be said that i have value in this website..?

and what should i do and then i can download files from the website.

In order to download files you must have VIP membership. You can do this either by paying £8 for a year (or £12 for two years), or by contributing meaningful posts / your own work and notes (not real coursework, though, unless you've already finished your IB course) to the forum. You become a VIP automatically at 100 posts, or, if you're being useful and helpful around the forum, can be made a VIP earlier at the discretion of the admin team (to my knowledge :P ). All this is in the Help section.

what about if i post something in chinese,some nice and impressing articles in this forum...

is that can be said like useful information?

• 2 months later...

Quick question before I start uploading practice papers... are they to be handwritten or typed? All of my mock exams from school are handwritten, and have handwritten notes from the teacher on them. Should I type them up and then submit them, or submit them as is? My handwriting is very neat and readable... but I was just wondering. :console:

Quick question before I start uploading practice papers... are they to be handwritten or typed? All of my mock exams from school are handwritten, and have handwritten notes from the teacher on them. Should I type them up and then submit them, or submit them as is? My handwriting is very neat and readable... but I was just wondering. :console:

How are you going to submit them? Scan them? As long as they're in PDF format then it's fine. :console: In fact people literally can't copy and paste so it might be even better :ashika:.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi, everytime I try to upload something it comes up with the error message

'[#10799] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available. '

I can post posts fine, thus I must be logged into my IB Survival account....

But why can I not upload any files? Even if they are in PDF Format?

Hm I can't think of a reason. Can you list and/or describe the steps you're taking to upload this file? Starting from going to ibsurvival.com.

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

1) Navigated to the index of ibsurvival

2) Clicked on 'Files' and then 'Upload File'

3) Selected the category '--Chemistry', under Science, and then the 'Continue' button

4) Typed in the 'File Name' and the 'File Description'

5) Pressed the button 'Click to Upload Files', selected file (The file name came up with a green tick beside it, presumabely stating that it had uploaded successfully, I also tried using the basic uploader, but I get the same error message)

6) After I click on 'Add Submission', the error message from the Board comes up.

Thanks again.