Sign in to follow this  

IOP Things Fall Apart

I'm doing my IOP on Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe but I can't decide on the topic. PLEASE HELP!!

Give us some ideas or areas you are interested in, and we'll help you narrow it down. We won't give you a topic straight off the bat.

Topic #1: The Tragic Hero and “Things Fall Apart” as a Tragedy

Topic #2: The Importance of Customs and Traditions in “Things Fall Apart”

Topic #3: The Role of the Supernatural in “Things Fall Apart”

Topic #1: The Tragic Hero and “Things Fall Apart” as a Tragedy

Topic #2: The Importance of Customs and Traditions in “Things Fall Apart”

Topic #3: The Role of the Supernatural in “Things Fall Apart”

These all sound okay... if you want to do a really excellent IOP you have to work on literary effects and also the purpose of such tools within the text. For example, with the role of the supernatural you could connect it with the perspective of the novel (from a native viewpoint) and maybe compare to other colonial books which are from the european perspective. What is the effect of this? You could argue, for example, that it gives the reader a more profound understanding of why colonization was deplorable.

If you really can't decide which topic is better (and I tend to choose based on what I like/don't like) try making outlines for your presentation and seeing which one looks the best, considering the criteria.