How do you deal with all the stress that comes with full IB?

thesunsetglow

I'm in grade 11 and only two months into it and I already feel like I'm cracking under all this stress! I'm doing my IOP on tuesday, the same day as a physics unit final, the day after I have a math 30 unit final, and then a huge history presentation due two days after that... not to mention my weekend is full of volunteering for CAS hours!. The week after gets no easier as the teachers just seem to be packing in as much as they possibly can in each lesson. I feel like I'm stuffed full of information with no time to just sit there for ten minutes and relax. If I do try and just put my work down and sit there, I feel like I should be doing something, getting work done.

I feel like I'm going to go insane, but I'm too darn stubborn to drop full IB... no way am I going to do that! But does anyone have any suggestions on how they deal with these constant stresses of IB? How do you find time to get your work done, relax and actually sleep at night?? I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN TWO DAYS. :) I'm going to explode! Any suggestions so I can actually make it through this week at least??

Even though every IB student if guilty of it, and even though I'm doing it right now; DON'T PROCRASTINATE!!!

This should solve most of the project stress you have, and give you more time to have fun the night before a project is due.

Also, if you don't understand something, start to study it early in it's development, and don't worry about asking the teacher for help. It's better to do this early, than late. :)

I'm in grade 11 and only two months into it and I already feel like I'm cracking under all this stress! I'm doing my IOP on tuesday, the same day as a physics unit final, the day after I have a math 30 unit final, and then a huge history presentation due two days after that... not to mention my weekend is full of volunteering for CAS hours!. The week after gets no easier as the teachers just seem to be packing in as much as they possibly can in each lesson. I feel like I'm stuffed full of information with no time to just sit there for ten minutes and relax. If I do try and just put my work down and sit there, I feel like I should be doing something, getting work done.

I feel like I'm going to go insane, but I'm too darn stubborn to drop full IB... no way am I going to do that! But does anyone have any suggestions on how they deal with these constant stresses of IB? How do you find time to get your work done, relax and actually sleep at night?? I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN TWO DAYS. :( I'm going to explode! Any suggestions so I can actually make it through this week at least??

Ok, one, breathe, two one step at a time, three, prioritize. Those CAS hours shouldn't even be adding stress yet. Music during homework, lets you have your cake and eat it too, relax with music and get stuff done at your own pace, and hell if you want just stop and listen to a song with undivided attention. Take breaks from subjects, switch back and forth to give your mind a rest from chem or phys or w/e. Don't do homework on friday, i dont care if people disagree, friday night is YOUR night, go do something and then a bit on saturday after you've calmed yourself.

Edit to remove "sh*t" which I involuntarily added apparently o.O

Also, did I mention relax? Don;t procrastinate too much is all I have left to say otherwise you get stuff like my next week schedule =/

Bio test, chem IA, make up chem labs, math IA, bio lab, physics lab, english outline+lessons and whatever other homework they give us in between :( Just got to do one at time.

Edited by Drake

It is essential to have a PLAN. A two year plan.

i learnt form my mistakes. When i first started IB - particularly in the first yera and much of the second year I was procrastinating a lot. It was only in the last term that i really started to pick things up; only because I had done a plan and I was sticking to it; I'm still sticking to it now!