Will I Pass?

brianna may

I am sitting my IB exams in november next year. This is the first year my school is offering IB and there is only 15 IB students all together.

I am doing chem, eco, physics, maths sl, japanese and english (haven't chosen HL yet)

IB is super challenging, and I have been studying really hard and trying to revise but I have these moments where I think

"OMG IM GOING TO FAIL"

so the question is

WILL I PASS?!

Haha, don't stress out..we all get those moments, it's normal to freak out.

You passing or not passing depends on how you work, how you study and how you write your exams.

Each subject you're taking has it's own tips for studying.

For example chemistry, I know chemistry is all about following what the syllabus asks you to know and be able to do. You are still in the beginning so you have the time to understand everything that you have to know which guarantees you will never forget it in the exam. I am sure you know this, but I will say it again, best way to study for IB exams is by practicing past papers. If you got to a point where you can do a full past paper in the time allowed with no considerable difficulty and understand what every question is asking, the consider yourself ready. Of course, you have a year left so make sure you try to make your IAs as good as possible, they do affect your overall grade.

Same goes for Math Sl, I was always told that the best way to study for math is by understanding concepts, and trying to do as many exercises as possible, then go on to past papers and do as much as you can. If you want to be more sure and you have the time I was always advised by my dad to try and deduce a tip or a hint from that question in the past paper. For example you deduce from a certain question that when you have the parameters A and B given you use this formula..or something like that. So that on the day of the exam, you just revise those tips.

Math IAs despite taking only 20% of the overall grade, they do affect it! Make sure they are as perfect as possible. My math IAs were the ones that saved my ass in Math SL! lol

Guest IMBATMAN

well if you keep thinking like that then you probably will fail. Think positively and just keep trying s hard as you can, if you get stuck then get help immediately or else you will fall behind.

Good luck!

If you fail, come to America. We don't care about your IB scores.

Sadly true, we need to get with the program...

If you need help, find it, if you don't understand something ask, theres FIFTEEN people in your IB class there is no way anyone has any ground to judge you on if you ask a stupid question :) (there are no stupid questions btw).

And this forum is amazing btw, use it. If it doesn't have the info you want/need/whatever, make a new topic and I'm betting someone will have an answer THAT DAY.

If you fail, come to America. We don't care about your IB scores.

Sadly true, we need to get with the program...

If you need help, find it, if you don't understand something ask, theres FIFTEEN people in your IB class there is no way anyone has any ground to judge you on if you ask a stupid question :) (there are no stupid questions btw).

And this forum is amazing btw, use it. If it doesn't have the info you want/need/whatever, make a new topic and I'm betting someone will have an answer THAT DAY.

This is true. ^ He and I basically stalk the forums. :D