SATiic Mathematics Subject Test

Forester

I can answer one question: You can retake it. AFAIK, the last date if you're going to be applying for entry in 2009, would be the January SATs. So if you're thinking of practicing on one, do one in September or something.

I took it. Got an 800. It's really easy, but time is an important factor. You need to brush up on your geometry because it is an important part of the test. I would suggest the Princeton Review, it's really good and covers just about everything that is on the test.

Guest Danthemanwithmasterplan
I took it. Got an 800. It's really easy, but time is an important factor. You need to brush up on your geometry because it is an important part of the test. I would suggest the Princeton Review, it's really good and covers just about everything that is on the test.

780, although the bastard above me used my book =*. You can re-take it as many times as you like, I suggest getting the first test over with in January.

• 6 months later...
Has anyone taken it?

What is the degree of difficulty?

Can you retake a subject test?

What books are good for revision?

What did you guys get?

I'm actually a May 2010 candidate, which means I haven't even started IBDP yet but I got an 800 in Math II anyway. This was partly because of the generous grade curve, which allowed me to skip a couple of questions that were extremely difficult. I used the Kaplan book for revision and for the list of formulas, the Princeton Review book as a supplement and Barron's book for the practice tests. Good luck though and message me if you have other questions. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SAT from Mathematics is no big deal. You simply have to prepare for it properly. And mainly, aside from basic knowledge obtained at school, you need a SAT study guide .

p.s. When writing the test, have the time in mind. Fast thinking is probably the key element of SAT .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
800. I barely studied (but Princeton Review is the best), but I'm pretty good with the SAT timing. Most of the problems are really easy but a few in the end are annoying. As long as you know how much time you should spend on everything, you'll be fine! It has a nice curve.

what curve?

LOL, there's one thing I don't get, if EVERYBODY do so well (like above 750) then why don't everybody go to Princeton or Harvard?

Lol.

My USA dream was shattered last week when I realized the detrimental factors of going there.

1) You can't get a job as an international student which really su**s because that means when I graduate I would not have ANY work experiences

2) Impossible to stay after graduation

3) I wish to do medicine so that will take me 8 years. I just don't like the idea of forcing my parents to pay for my tuition/living until I am 25 for god's sakes.

4) Personal opinion: Too dangerous oh and too many people are going there, the society is too fast-paced. People don't even have time to breathe.

I am a Kiwi (live in NZ) so I will probably try and go to an Australian/Canadian/English university. <hopefully>

Oooooooooooo, sorry I went off topic. An answer to your question, your anticipated IB score is 45 + 7, so why on Earth do you need to revise ANYTHING? IB is more challenging than the SATs. It is only an aptitude test. But be sure to read over your notes :)

Good Luck! Oh I do recommend the Barron's Maths IIc, it is DEAD hard...

if you want something simpler try Princeton Review.

But never buy ANYTHING from Kaplan, because it is (Krap-lan) hehe

• 2 weeks later...