EE help in history

IBfrance

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the two extended essay titles that I am debating over... It is between

1) How/Why did The USA And USSR emerge as super powers After World War II?

2) What was the importance of ideological differences in the outbreak of the Cold War? or To what extent were ideological differences responsible for the outbreak of the Cold War?

I have a plan for both, but I need opinions in order to make a choice! Which one seems more 'extended essay' worthy??

I am welcoming any comments...

Thank you :o

My vote is for 2) ; it's more precise in scope. Otherwise I'd worry about covering ALL the reasons why the US and USSR emerged as superpowers, which is basically the whole of the end of WW2, and a fair amount of what preceded it (i.e. the actual war), not to mention why the other countries were out of the running. However, if you wanted to narrow the scope of 1) you could pick one factor and investigate how that particular factor meant they ended up as super-powers.

Plus I believe 2) is practically a Paper 3 question, so you will be set if you get something like it on your exam hypocrite.gif

I like the second question of the second choice.

yes, then?

please elaborate more. like tell us why you like that question and why not the other questions, perhaps?

thanks

anyways sorry for not helping, I am not taking History and have a very limited knowledge about it :)

To what extent were ideological differences responsible for the outbreak of the Cold War? sounds good but I am afraid if this is too narrow :P

try talking to your History teacher and some seniors too. and looking at past History EEs :o