Homework? Register on Stock Trading Site?

Hello, i just started to take this subject at HL, unfortunately they don't teach this subject at our school so i have to visit a private teacher at his house 2 hours a week and he is some "Principal Lecturer" of business at some other school, where he doesn't teach the IB level though.

I doubt that he knows what IB BM is about, so he gave me homework to register on WallStreetSurvivor.com and invest in two stocks and i'm supposed to give him explanation why i invested in them.

There are two things

1) i have no clue how to trade stocks, i have no background knowledge. i barely know what all those "Stock Market" terms mean

2) Is the homework any use? i haven't found anything about registering on some stock market site or anything like that in the Syllabus.

I might see his point that he wants to get me a feeling what is Stock market about, but generally i think it's quite useless. what do you think?

thanks for all replies

You need to know what stocks are but as far as I know, Trading [in stocks] is not something that's in the syllabus. And yes it is rather redundant.

You can self study business without the need of a tutor, and if you insist on getting a tutor, get one who's versed with IB protocols and methods. There's no point paying someone who doesn't know the syllabus inside out, so when you do get stuck, they can help you without leading you in the wrong way.

Thanks Aboo, Well, i just gave it a deep thought couple days ago whether i should study this subject or not and i've decided to drop the subject because there is nobody out there who could explain it to me before some test when i would need it. i will most likely get History SL and i will upgrade my psychology to HL

Question Solved >.<

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Question answered.

If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

IB Survival Staff