HL IA- need to find the particular experiment...

Access Denied

Estimation of time: Effects of mental activity on the estimation of time: Ornstein hypothesised that the more mental activity we do in a fixed period of time the longer the subjective estimate of that time interval. This could be tested by asking participants to listen to a passage of prose for say 100 seconds and then to estimate when a further 100 seconds of the prose had elapsed. In one group the prose could be read slowly to reduce the amount of mental processing and in the second group the prose would be read out faster.

i really like the sound of this, it was on the IA suggestions however I need to have a copy of the original experiment and cannot find it anywhere?

help please

Estimation of time: Effects of mental activity on the estimation of time: Ornstein hypothesised that the more mental activity we do in a fixed period of time the longer the subjective estimate of that time interval. This could be tested by asking participants to listen to a passage of prose for say 100 seconds and then to estimate when a further 100 seconds of the prose had elapsed. In one group the prose could be read slowly to reduce the amount of mental processing and in the second group the prose would be read out faster.

i really like the sound of this, it was on the IA suggestions however I need to have a copy of the original experiment and cannot find it anywhere?

help please

Unfortunately it seems that Ornstein did not publish his findings in an academic journal but instead in his own book. Check out his personal page and scroll down to On the experience of time. I'm happy to help you out with a different paper but it looks like you'll have to buy that book if you want to do the experiment.

Sounds like you have a good way to test the hypothesis though, so go for it :D.