Do you have a teacher you just hate?

Guest IMBATMAN

Guest IMBATMAN

Now I know teaching is a very respectable position and deserves much respect, but there have been some teachers in my school years that have just blown me away by their stupidity. My chemistry taecher is barely qualified to be a teacher. for example: She gave us a homework assignment that non of us understood and she was to lazy to explain it and just gave us all the answers, then she gave us a test and we all failed miserably and she said it was our fault for not being dedicated students, mind you this is an IB teacher and I was in dismay at how she taught our class.

I like all my other teachers though and have never had problems with any other teachers at my school.

Have there been any teachers that you have just wanted to go away, or just really pissed you off?

come on i kno you do :D

Definitley. I have (had. we're getting a new teacher) one. He's one of those smooth talkers that used to do well in private institutions, but had to change to teaching for some reason. His classes can be fun and lively, but he doesn't know much about teaching. /: Wasn't exactly familliar with the syllabus, and there was no telling how he marked papers. =_=

He wanted to do out-of-course things even before we'd begun on the syllabus proper! (Not that out-of-course things are bad, but jeeze! Get the basic covered first won'tcha?)

Well, but other than him and another teacher (who knows their stuff-- just doesn't teach very effectively), my teachers are kickass.

There's this history teacher, he never taught me but he's also the dean of students. This guy has a brain of a 6 year old, I tell you. It's like he literally can't reason. He taught the previous years ToK before a new teacher came; I wonder what he even taught them. He can't critically think himself.

You and I had the exact same experience in Chemistry. Worst class of my life. However, I cannot say that I actually hate any teachers, even though my chem teacher was absolutely terrible at teaching. Even the bad teachers can be quite nice and I cannot make myself dislike them that much, even if my grade tends to falter due to an inadequacy in their teaching style. I tend to love the teachers that I like and only semi-dislike the teachers that I don't.

Well this is a difficult one...

I generally try to appreciate the way a teacher is "guiding" the class as some teachers don't teach in the old fashioned way where it's the teacher writing on the board and the students looking dedicated while copying down everything word for word. So I'm gunna say no but my Physics teacher lately really annoyed me when marking my test down by a lot of points (making me miss the 7 by 2 marks) and I have no idea for what I was deducted so many points... I nearly seems like he added them up and forgot to add around 6-7 marks... I'm going to have a chat with him but as I said I try to appreciate the various teaching styles and adapt to achieve my grades!

Blind

I defenetly have one of those teachers.

She is my Psychology teacher, and she has serious problems. She was suppost to be my Extended Essay supervisour, and I got no help at all. When I asked her a question she told me that she had to much to do, or that she did not know and had to come back to me. I mean, OK I get it, teacher don't know everything, but, when you are going to hand in your Extended Essay the next day you can't wait for an answer for two days. That is basic logic. Anyways, I went to the IB Coordinator and told her my dificulties, and now my Psychology teacher hates me. Because she took it personaly that I did not talk to her first, but she is to stupid to understand that I tried, I really did but it didn't get anywhere. At the moment the hatred is mutual, and I don't care that she hangs me out in class. But I don't really agree that this is how a IB teacher, or any teacher, should behave.

I have had many teachers who, in my opinion, are not fit to teach high school,

but I have never hated anyone of them.

They haven't exactly done anything worthy of hate, have they? They just don't teach very well. I don't really think that deserves such a severe judgement.

For some reason I've loved every single on of my teachers, yes even the mean ones, because the mean ones turn out to be the most interesting.

And it's not their fault they are mean. Maybe their having that time of the month or they just broke up with their girlfriend or they had a fight with their kid. I don't know.

But in my opinion I don't think we should hate them because we don't know them outside from being teachers. It's not our judgement call, and teachers are meant to be respected in every way, even if they don't deserve our respect, because where would we even be without them!?!?! :)

I definitely do. I just can't take my philosophy teacher. Being so disrespectful with everyone and not accepting any viewpoint but his own, he should not be allowed to teach nor be in charge of any student.

I dislike him so much that philosophy, which used to be my favourite subject, has now become the one I like the least and would never ever choose again.

I respect all of my teachers, and I respect all of their opinions, but one of them tries to inject their opinion into everything. Now I don't disagree with his/her opinion, but the problem is that, being students, we are very susceptible to learning a certain world-view based on things we hear, especially from authority figures and figures of intelligence like teachers. I'm not worried about my own views changing, but I am worried about my fellow students whose opinions I would like to value on their own merit, not just because they are those of my teachers. Isn't a teacher's job to teach so that we can form our own views of the world?

Yes I agree with that 100%.

It really annoys me to see my friend's opinions changed in a matter of minutes after the teacher sort of indirectly forces his opinion on them, using evidence that just isn't good or convincing..and examples that have got nothing to do with what he's talking about. Even though so many teachers have similar opinions to mine..I just hate it when they talk as though all other opinions are totally wrong..and since my fellow students trust the teachers so much..they would trust him with this..and their opinion would change 180 degrees at the end of the lesson. The sort of opinions i'm talking about aren't just any opinions about everyday things, they're about bigger things..like faith..or ethics..about what is right or wrong. There is this TOK teacher that managed to convince my classmates that alcoholism isn't as bad as 'they' make it seem. Note that this teacher is a biology teacher as well. That drove me insane..because he kept using examples to prove his points..and it was so bad that so many of my classmates believed him!

I hate it most when teachers talk condescendingly to students, or treat them like they're stupid after asking a question. How horrible - of course students will know less; you're here to inform them. It makes it harder for students to learn, damages their self esteem, and discourages them form taking the initiative of learning at all.

my tok teacher !!!! i hate him... because he hates me ! hahaha ¬¬

how does he expect that i don't fall asleep on his classes if he does them so boring ( he talks and talks and makes us participate almost ones in a million times of he answering himself) and if tok classes are the first two in the morning of MONDAY !!!!! I try to have my life with sports :P but is insane to ask me to be awake on his classes ! hahaha if he did them more entertaining this would be another story :P

• 3 weeks later...

In 9th grade I hated my pre-IB geometry teacher because she was old and mean and SCARY!!! I had that class with sophmores and juniors and few freshmen like me, at the time. So Im not a mathy person in any way, shape or form. I just cant do it therefore dont really like it. So anyway I sat in the back of class by the clock doing my usual ritual- counting down til 3:55 when sweet freedom would come and wash itself over the school. Needless to say I was only half listening to the lesson, already thinking about asking for the short version from a friend, who could explain it in a way I would understand, gotta love good bff's. So thats what I was doing when I hear her say my name asking for the answer. [Okay background info, Im mexican but have kinda lightish tan, so when I blush which I seem to do quite often, you can really really tell Im blushing] So i sat there with my face and neck and ears absolutely burning while the class stared at me. I was just giving that woman a look. You guys know the one, that "please, please call on someone else I dont know the answer, ill be your bff if you call on someone else" look but nope it took a few minutes and a lame answer from me to get her to move on with the lesson. And where did her lesson go? To why my answer was wrong and how it was an easy question, blah blah blah. So yeah that day I practically flew out of class. Such an embarassing experience that ended with my hate for that teacher.

My Tok teacher this year, love her as a person just cant teach.

My Hota teacher funny guy just gives way to much homework and goofs off in class- on purpose I find-

My Chem teacher thinks we have been memorizing every little bit of info from the beginning of the year and suprises us on test day with random questions on topics we have already covered.

Ahhh gotta just gotta love them teachers.

Edited by Jazmine

• 1 month later...

Well I don't really hate any of my teachers anymore, though I don't like all of them. Well okay, our previous philosophy teacher was horrible. She couldn't speak English and in our class there are students who don't understand Finnish. And she also had these stupid questions, for example "Why can't poor people in Africa be happy?" or something like that.. And other one is our dear IB-coordinator, she is so old and narrow-minded. But yeah, usually I try to understand my teachers, they are just trying to get us learn something -_-