Energy Drinks

McCormick

Hello, i know a lot of IB-ers pull allnighters, so i was wondering, are there any energy drinks besides redbull you might use?, i was wondering this because i really can´t pull an allnighter i would just fall sleep on top of my paper, and coffee does nothing to me (I´m form Colombia), so i was wondering what energy drinks do you guys use? (if you do).

The only energy "drink" I use is 5-hour energy. It's only takes a sip or two to down the capsule lol.

I honestly stopped drinking energy drinks around 4 years ago in middle school. Energy drinks taste like caustic chemicals to me.

Although, I have come across some really good ones every once in a while lol.

When I pull all nighters, stress and the fear of failure keep me awake. :D

• Like 2

Energy drinks don't work for me. In Australia 'V' is very popular as well as Mother but I doubt they're sold outside of Australia/NZ.

I've never done an all nighter for school related stuff, I can't concentrate beyond 8PM and I know that if I tried to get it done I would just do a really bad job.

All-nighters? What are those? I don't drink energy drinks, or soda, or anything really besides water and tea and milk. When it gets dark I actually tend to wake up more instead of get tired so right now as it gets dark around 1800 I can go until 0200 if I need to, or be asleep at 2000, doesn't really matter.

I would recommend those glucose/caffeine tablet combo things if you're feeling like Red Bull is not enough.

Stronger energy drinks exist, dependent on where you live (for instance Relentless, V etc.) but really if Red Bull, disgusting as it is, isn't keeping you awake, the best suggestion anybody can give you is more sleep and don't even bother with all-nighters. All-nighters are just people being academically 'hard core' and I dunno about you but I'm not a hard core kind-of person. What's the point in peer-group kudos versus a hellish 48 hour exhaustion? Unless you're mid-exams and panicking there's no other circumstance where sleep is not the answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried energy bars? I find coffee in combination with Gensoy energy bars do magic. In order to prevent myself from becoming a coffee addict or immune to it, I drink green tea as a source of my daily caffeine. Then, when I reeeaaallly need the extra surge of caffeine, will I drink coffee.

Have you tried energy bars? I find coffee in combination with Gensoy energy bars do magic. In order to prevent myself from becoming a coffee addict or immune to it, I drink green tea as a source of my daily caffeine. Then, when I reeeaaallly need the extra surge of caffeine, will I drink coffee.

can you get immune to caffeine? really? :)

can you get immune to caffeine? really? :)

I've heard a lot of people tell me that their body gets used to the caffeine, and then it won't work on them anymore. My sister works in a coffee shop and drinks coffee non-stop, and it does nothing to keep her awake. Although I've never become completely immune to coffee, when I drink coffee regularly for a few days I find that I have to make my coffee stronger or drink a greater amount of coffee in order to get an energy boost. I used to think that happened to everyone. I guess not?

I've heard a lot of people tell me that their body gets used to the caffeine, and then it won't work on them anymore. My sister works in a coffee shop and drinks coffee non-stop, and it does nothing to keep her awake. Although I've never become completely immune to coffee, when I drink coffee regularly for a few days I find that I have to make my coffee stronger or drink a greater amount of coffee in order to get an energy boost. I used to think that happened to everyone. I guess not?

I've only started to drink coffee recently, and this term starting IB2 has really had me consume insane amounts of caffeine (in tablet form, liquid form, energy drinks, bars, you name it).

I'm not immune to it quite yet cause it's still working, but it worries me that I might be immune in May 2011. Haha.

• 4 weeks later...

I used energy drinks like redbull, monster, and sobe but now i've moved onto over the counter caffeine pills...they work very quickly and they're cheaper, one redbull contains 80mg of caffeine and costs $3.50, a bottle of 100, 100mg caffeine pills cost $11. Just be careful not to od or else you will feel horrible later on and possibly vomit. :P

• 5 months later...

I don't drink energy drinks but I drink coffee daily. It gave me a huge boost in energy when I first started drinking coffee daily a few months ago, but these days drinking the same amount doesn't do as much for me as before. So to those talking about 'caffeine immunity' - yeah, it does exist.

I've tried glucose tablets and they do have some short-term effect (by short-term I mean 15-30 minutes). I usually just pop a tablet when I need extra concentration. Though I have a hard time believing that taking just one tablet of sugar can make me more awake. Maybe it's the placebo effect, I have no idea. But hey, it seems to work for me.

Energy drinks are not good for health at all...and honestly you don't need them for completing your assignments...if you manage your time well you wont need any energy drinks...nothing is better than a nap so like if you know that you're gonna have to stay awake for the whole night then take a nap first...that should help you

I had a friend who started pre-ib and freaked out about the amount of homework, they were a major procrastinator, and ended up have late nights all the time, which usually included energy drinks. I do warn you that if it isn't nessisary, do not do it. My friend had a minor hard attack in their sleep from the energy drinks one of those nights. They are okay, but it really puts into perspective how unessisary they are. Who cares if you need to skip a day of school to finish your EE? Just don't jeprodize your health. Thats just my opinion. Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...