Textbook for SL

Turpentine

I used it and thought it was alright. Their explanations are pretty decent and the format isn't bad either. I preferred it to the other one I had which was I think the Cambridge one. It also comes with a rather handy CD so you don't have to carry the book around with you = very useful!

I'm using it, and I find it really useful. The topics are set out in a really logical way, and the explanations and examples are easy to understand. I agree that it doesn't have the same format in some of its questions as IB exams do, in that it prefers to spread out the material over several questions rather than to cram it all into one really in-depth one, but it still covers all of the same things. It's heavy, like most IB Maths textbooks, but the CD does provide a really nice way to circumvent that. It's serving me well.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I am currently on my way to retake the Mathematics SL exam. Last year I had a horrendous book that would only explain the basics and go on to give complicated tasks without guidance. So my question is; do you have any recommendations as to good literature on the Maths SL course? I tried to find a study guide but didn't find them for anything else than Studies. Thank you so much for any help you're able to provide!

I'm retaking Maths SL this year and my book from last year really sucked, so I'm looking for some recommendations! Are there any good study guides, or even just a really good text book anyone would recommend?

• 2 weeks later...

DON'T BUY IT!! Its pretty good at teaching stuff and it has nice clear examples but it leaves out half the things you need to know and just skims the rest. theres no intrinsic differentiation, no differentiation using trig functions... its missing tons of stuff and wont help you on the IB exams at all.