The IB blues

wombat123

You may or may not have run into it - the IB blues. Those moments when you do terribly on a test or assignment, or you find your mark doing horribly. Then some friends come over and bug you about said test, assignment, or mark, asking what score you got on it, and then you automatically feel twenty times worse about yourself. The times you feel ultimately depressed, pissed, or just frustrated. So, how does everyone deal with it? How do you get yourself back on your feet and ready to work and improve? Share your methods, thoughts, ideas, etc. =)

Ummm don't think I've had this honestly o.O I'm too laid back about IB though probably, never stressed that much or freak out over anything. But if I feel just annoyed by missing a stupid question or whatever I tend to just make sure I understand what I messed up before moving on so that way when we end up adding more to it I'm not lost, gives a small sense of accomplishment to overthrow the previous ickyness.

You may or may not have run into it - the IB blues. Those moments when you do terribly on a test or assignment, or you find your mark doing horribly. Then some friends come over and bug you about said test, assignment, or mark, asking what score you got on it, and then you automatically feel twenty times worse about yourself. The times you feel ultimately depressed, pissed, or just frustrated. So, how does everyone deal with it? How do you get yourself back on your feet and ready to work and improve? Share your methods, thoughts, ideas, etc. =)

I know exaclty how you feel. At my school a large amount of the students are obcessed with marks and it seems like the judge you based completely off of them. I think it's best to just ignore these peope. And the easiest way to get back on your feet is to be able to forgive and forget. You can't stay mad at yourself forever for a test score and moving on from it will make it easiest to do better on your next assignment. And it's also good to have friends who can comfort you when you're having a bad day. :P

• Like 1

I know exaclty how you feel. At my school a large amount of the students are obcessed with marks and it seems like the judge you based completely off of them. I think it's best to just ignore these peope. And the easiest way to get back on your feet is to be able to forgive and forget. You can't stay mad at yourself forever for a test score and moving on from it will make it easiest to do better on your next assignment. And it's also good to have friends who can comfort you when you're having a bad day. :P

Agreed. You should also look over your test with the motivation to do better on the next one and if you ask your teacher or maybe even a peer who did better, you're not only learn what you missed, but gain support. And we're always here for you! :P

• Like 1

Man, I've run into this recently with Biology 35. It's so stressful, particularly when your friends complain about marks that frankly aren't that bad, and then pester you to show you theirs. Now I'm not saying my friends in the class necessarily judge me based on any of this, but it's demoralizing all the same. Personally it always helps me to first make sure I understand what I did wrong, how to improve, etc. Then I just try and move on and forget about it. There is absolutely nothing you can do to change the mark you've already gotten, just aim to do better next time and be more prepared. Until then try and get away for an hour or two of panic studying perhaps and read a book, watch some mindless TV, hang out with friends and not talk about your schooling :D Just take a deep breath, relax, and dive back in.