Improvement in Technology in the Search for Knowledge

tndunganh

I'm doing a TOK presentation based on the knowledge issue: To what extent can improvement in technology aid us in the search for knowledge?

I still not sure how to tackle this knowledge issue and which real life situation I should use so can you guys please help me and give me some tips on how to get high marks on this presentation?

Thank you very much!

Chao em!

PAhahahah ok I'm done throwing around my nationality

Follow the rubric. Do you have one? IF not get one.

Make sure you follow all four of the requirements.

Make sure your knowloedge issue is clear

You have to make connections. Show all sides. If you present one point, also show the other point "how does techonology help us" "how does it not help us"

MAke sure you connect it to your own life personally "Technology helps me in that...."

You could discuss how all these new creations, i.e. laptops, smart phones, etc, have given us many more opportunities and means with which to gain knowledge via online thesauruses and information, however, not everything you find on the internet or through technology is trustworthy. That is a good point, and has a counterclaim ;) I just did my outline, so I'm alllll in the TOK zone :o

I'm doing a TOK presentation based on the knowledge issue: To what extent can improvement in technology aid us in the search for knowledge?

I still not sure how to tackle this knowledge issue and which real life situation I should use so can you guys please help me and give me some tips on how to get high marks on this presentation?

Thank you very much!

Hey. I have not done TOK in a while, but let me try to help you out.

First of all, I think you should have posted some of your thoughts on the topic so that we can help you develop your thoughts.

Define the Areas of knowledge that you would you to focus on. Normally 2 or 3 would be good. Then form each area of knowledge define a few ways of knowing and have specific examples for each.

For example, if you take history then use language and have an good example for this argument.. etc.