Going to Prom while being an IB Geek : )

Most of the people in my IB class have a great social life outside of school. :D Lol, but at least 55% of those people cheat on assignments to stay in IB.

As for me, I went dateless to Prom. I expected to be really disappointed and emotionally crushed by doing so. When it didn't turn out that way, I had of fun and a great time. :)

Prom really isn't that big of a deal, but it is an experience of High School you can enjoy.

You don't have to label yourself an IB Geek just 'cause you do the IB! :D

At our school, some of the 'popular' kids actually do the IB! strange I know...

I also went dateless to the prom (we call it the 'formal' or 'valedictory dinner' lol). But, I wasn't the only one. The majority (vast majority) of people went dateless because at my school you're not allowed to take people from another school, so most people just go with friends and it makes it really cool and fun! -_-

It's a great night, make the most of it! Loosen up and have a bit of fun without thinking about schoolwork -_-

Have fun!!!!!! :P

Also, just for reference: there were approximately 300 students in my grade. 40 of whom do IB. About 5 students didn't go, of which only 1 was an IB student)

Haha It's impossible not to take any IB classes once you're in junior/senior year at my school. The slack-est schedules in my grade include IB Math Studies, or Spanish Ab Initio. And about 80% of my class are in diploma. And we all go to prom.

Don't worry about going to prom even through you kinda sold your childhood to the IB (: (at least that was me haha)

And do not worry about being a geek. Seriously. 80% of my graduating class are in diploma. I think we're the geekiest as it gets.

Edited by Cool Beans !!