Sign in to follow this  

Visual Art theme - should I wait?

Hi, first post for me :) I start IB next year and was wondering if I should start the year with my theme chosen, or wait till later after I've done a few works to decide... What has everyone else done?? Any and all advice is appreciated :P

The way it worked at my school was that the teacher gave us project themes fr a while, to get our creative minds thinking, and slowly as we worked, most of us found a reoccurring theme or pattern. Honestly, I would wait, play around with IB Art for a bit, see what you like the best. I made the mistake in choosing to soon because I was so anxious that I ended up changing my theme 3 times. Also, you aren't in IB yet, so you may pick up ideas from other students around you. Definitely, in my opinion, do not start IB with a theme already in mind, unless you have been doing art on the theme for a long period of time and know for sure it is what you want. You have time! :)

Hi, well, as my experiencie, the first 6 months of IB Art HL, I started doing a lot of different ideas and styles, till I

atart feeling comfortable with my art and, well, just there I realized what I love about Art.

My advice for you is to experiment a lot, too try every style where you feel good doing it and you want to develop it

but, it'snot something that willl come out from a day to another, it will take some time

Best Of luck

Jose Luis