How to improve...

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I am seriously struggling with Spanish ab initio. All my other subjects I'm either a 6 or 7, but with Spanish I am struggling to maintain a 4. Has anyone got some advice on how to improve. Part of the reason is we have a really crap teacher, and though my class has tried, we are still going to have here next year. If anyone has any tips on improving my grade it would be greatly appreciated. What Im doing now is obviously not working.

Make an effort! If you're not interested in learning the language, and it doesn't sound like you are, you're not going to learn it.

Read your text book, we used Español de Primero or something like that. Watch a telenovela. Read El Mundo or El Pais. Yes, it's a bit advanced but use google translate and read it side by side.

If you're not going to put a lot of effort into learning a new language, you're not going to learn it very well. You can't blame it all on the teacher.

Edit: This site is rather useful too: http://conjuguemos.com/home/docs/php/list.php?type=verbs&division=verbs&language=spanish

• Like 1

Thanks Aboo, you are right, at the moment Im not really interested in Spanish any more. I use to be when I had another teacher who made me love the subject, and I was easily doing well in the subject, but my teacher now honestly gives out the vibe that she doesnt care if we get a 2 or a 7 in exams, as long as we turn up to class so my interest and motivation to do well has faded. I really want to find the interest again, I just guess I need to find it somewhere else. I'll definitely try what you have suggested, hopefully it helps.