Euler's Identity?

Antiares

Er I do not know much about it and I'm very sleepy right now so forgive me if my post does not make sense or if it is not so helpful.

I believe that Euler's number (e) is very useful and applicable in life and I guess a number of people have written about its application for their Math EE before. If you want to write about it again, the examiner might have read a similar essay before and something unpleasant might happen (might mark you down but I am not sure). Or you can write about it but it should be very interesting if you want an A. It is not that you can't write about Euler's number but you might want to look into something else and play safe..

I'd suggest finding its application in real life. Something too theoretical might not get an A. An alumni wrote her EE about fractals, snowflakes. Since it's not very useful in life, she only got a B.

I think human face has got something to do with e or pi. The distance of your 2 eyes maybe, of your nose to mouth, their ratio, etc.. You might want to write about it if this is useful in life. We cannot design human faces anyway but we can draw faces... There was an article on this even though no calculation is shown. I can't find the link right now, though. Let me know if you are interested, I will try to find the link.

It was just a random idea but you should find other uses of e and see how important it is in life.

FYI I am doing something related to Monty Hall Problem for my EE, just in case if you are wondering and if it inspires :P

Euler's idenitiy will not be too narrow, actually it will be too broad unless you find something interesting and specific to do with it. Remember that writing and EE in mathematics basically means that you start off with a problem or "research question" and you spend the whole EE solving that problem. Solving a problem might involve showing analyzing data, plotting graphs and proving your results.

If you really are interested in Euler's identity, I would suggest that you find out more about it and find a suitable research questions. If you are not able to do that, don't bother with that topic. If you search online, you'll find some good examples of EEs in maths.

I believe that Euler's number (e) is very useful and applicable in life and I guess a number of people have written about its application for their Math EE before. If you want to write about it again, the examiner might have read a similar essay before and something unpleasant might happen (might mark you down but I am not sure). Or you can write about it but it should be very interesting if you want an A. It is not that you can't write about Euler's number but you might want to look into something else and play safe..

I highly doubt that. What other people have chosen as their topics will not affect your grade at all.

I'd suggest finding its application in real life. Something too theoretical might not get an A. An alumni wrote her EE about fractals, snowflakes. Since it's not very useful in life, she only got a B.

There is no reason to find a real life application for a Maths EE. There are plenty of people who have gotten A's when they have written their EEs in pure mathematics. When I was doing my EE I was given a Math EE by my teacher which was written by a previous student. His EE was purely theoretical and he achieved an A.