one quarter of the IB done, and i cant take it anymore

ca.cu

seriously, its almost Christmas and it is summer here (south america). i honestly wish i was at the beach chilling out with my friends and not writing my oral presentation and TOK essay until 2 am.

and this **** is not even half way done ! i still have one year and a half to go...tell me people, how do you feel about the International Bastards ?

seriously, its almost Christmas and it is summer here (south america). i honestly wish i was at the beach chilling out with my friends and not writing my oral presentation and TOK essay until 2 am.

and this **** is not even half way done ! i still have one year and a half to go...tell me people, how do you feel about the International Bastards ?

I Love brazil !!! specially morro de sao paulo ¡ PRAIA 2-3-4 o melhor do mundo!

Hey hi ! south american here too :)... You really understand me :D but i'm on my IBY2.

For real it's not the problem of IB, it's your school it happened the same to me, my schol realized we had to send all the IA's to the IB on march so they didn't find anything greater than giving as everything for 3 weeks in each assignature... it's insane

and while i'm on my summer break, same as you, I will have to do my IA's of math, project group 4, IA of spanish and EE !!! (already finished the others) but I will continue working after christma's and after new year !!

Why does IB asks for too much work !!!! and why school's do not get organised to give like 2 or 3 IA's per month... everything for last moment agh... I hate them

lucky me i'm almost than.... you wil get used to IB really, first semester of next year will be like nothing... second one it's going to be a little bit tough I suggest you to do your EE this summer, because if not it's going to be a little bit difficult to take time during the year... believe me

Honestly, IB isn't worth it. You are smart to quit ASAP.

Irony?

If you really want to stay in IB, and you believe it can help you, try to stay in the program. :D

If you think that IB really can't do anything for you, and you're struggling with the material, take time to consider before changing to another type of program. Don't view "dropping out" as shameful, but rather doing what's best for you. Honestly, if you want to drop out do it as soon as you have come to a logical decision.

Alot of my friends dropped out before the beginning of this year (IB2), so they wouldn't have to repeat a year of High School to get all of the missed courses that our state requires.

Irony?

A little bit.

Well to elaborate on what I said, there are benefits to being in IB, some of them significant depending on what school you are planning on going to. I am thinking of going to Simon Fraser University which offers full first year credits for diploma kids. In addition you meet a different kind of people than in normal classes, which may or may not be to your preference.

On the other hand it IS a lot of work. I think that unless you are going to get flawless straight A's in IB, you could do a lot better for yourself staying in normal classes and putting a fraction of the effort IB requires to pass into getting dogwood A's. Less stress and pain and more social life and general fun. I think that IB certainly works for certain people, but for most I think that again, one would reap much larger benefits NOT being IB and putting a fraction of the effort that IB would have required into studying a bit harder or extracurricular activities or what have you.

Does no one just go to school to learn anymore instead of just wanting what will get them into the best college for them? I wouldn't be able to stand taking any courses less than IB because of how mind-numbing it would be with people who don't care about school at all learning at a snails pace (this is not exaggerated for my school...). Do the work, reap the benefits, its only 2 years.

Edited by Drake